English Proficiency Requirement (for fee-paying students and students from non-English medium universities reading modules from Faculty of Law)
As English is the main language of instruction at the University (except for Asian/European studies where a good command of the respective Asian/European language is a pre-requisite), you must be proficient in the English language in order to benefit from your studies at NUS.
You are required to submit either the Test of English as a Foreign Language [TOEFL] or the International English Language Testing System [IELTS] result if you are:
- from a non-English medium institution (non-exchange coursework applicants only)
- applying to read modules from NUS Faculty of Law and from a non-English medium institution (exchange and non-exchange)
The following requirements must be met:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language [TOEFL] score of at least 100 for the Internet-based test;
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result of at least 6.5; or
- Any other qualifications as determined by the respective faculties/schools in NUS.