Degrees Conferred or Graduate Diplomas Awarded from 31 March 2006 onwards
NUS issues self-verifiable electronic (e-) degree scrolls/graduate diplomas and official transcripts, also known as OpenCerts, to the following cohorts:
- First Degrees (Bachelor): those admitted from August 2005 onwards
- Higher Degrees (Graduate Diploma, Master, and Doctoral): those admitted from August 2004 onwards
OpenCerts is a blockchain-based platform that enables the issuance and verification of certificates and transcripts that are tamper-proof.
How to verify?
- Please obtain the OpenCerts from the student directly.
- Drag and drop the .opencert file into the viewer on the Verify NUS OpenCerts webpage or the OpenCerts website. If the file can be successfully opened in the viewer on the website (which will be transformed into readable degree scroll and transcript), with no error message being displayed, then the file is verified as authentic.
You may refer to the FAQs for more information.
Degrees Conferred or Graduate Diplomas Awarded before 31 March 2006
To verify the academic qualifications conferred/awarded by the University of students who were not issued with e-degree scrolls and e-transcripts, you can make use of the Online Degree Verification Portal.
Notes on using this portal:
- Data available
| Bachelor degrees
|| From Class of 1990
| Master/Doctoral degrees
|| From Class of 1984
| Graduate Diplomas
|| From Class of 1984
- Only the degree and/or graduate diploma titles conferred or awarded, and the conferment/award date will be reflected.
Please have the following ready for the online search:
- Student’s Full Name, and
- Date of Birth (in DD-MM-YYYY format)
A search may not be successful due to numerous reasons, such as:
- student may have the same name and date of birth with another student; or
- there is an error in name or date of birth; or
- the student has not been conferred by the University.
If a search result is not available, you will be prompted to complete an Online Verification Request Form for a manual search to be made. For further queries, you may send an email to email@example.com.
If you need a detailed official academic transcript, this can be obtained from the graduate (please refer to the Transcripts webpage).
Verification of Current Students
If you need to verify that a candidate is currently registered as an NUS student, please request a Student Status Letter from the student. Please note that these letters are computer-generated and do not bear a signature.