Returning Exchange Students
**Important Update on COVID-19**
5 February 2021 - Latest - The COVID-19 situation worldwide is still evolving with many cities experiencing worsening pandemic situations, it will be some time before vaccinations can be rolled out to the general population and subsequently for international travel to resume, it may be advisable to moderate your expectations about participating in SEP in Semester 1 of AY2021/22. Students should plan to register for NUS modules in August 2021 as a back-up plan. The status of the global COVID-19 situation will be reviewed and a decision made in early May 2021 on whether SEP in Semester 1 of AY2021/22 can proceed.
Overloaded with stories? Come back and share!
Tan Yan Ni from FASS on SEP to National Taiwan University, Taiwan
We hope your Student Exchange Programme (SEP) journey was a wonderful experience and one that you will remember for the rest of your life! We would like to assist you in your re-integration to NUS using resources such as the Returning Student Checklist
and through events and programmes which are planned for you in mind.
Returning Student Checklist
Have you collected your original transcript from your faculty or department? Are the credits earned during your exchange semester transferred to your NUS degree programme? Use the Returning Student Checklist shown below to make sure that you do not miss
out anything you need to do.
- register your modules on ModRec@EduRec for the semester you return to NUS
- apply for NUS on-campus housing, if necessary
- attend the Welcome Back Session in January/August
- provide feedback using the SEP
Evaluation for Returning Students. Your feedback will help to improve the exchange programme for future cohorts of outgoing exchange students
- share your experience, useful tips and photographs with future participants by submitting an SEP Report. With your permission, we may feature your photographs in our promotional materials
- join the Peer Advising Programme to connect with other NUS exchangers, help NUS outgoing exchange students and interact with the incoming exchange students
- look out for your host university transcript from your faculty or department which will arrive around 2 months after your exchange, if applicable
- work with your home faculty or department to complete the credit transfer process
- stay in touch with the friends you made while on SEP
- contribute back by:
- participating in events which promote SEP to future cohorts of outgoing exchange students
- joining the GRO Pre-Departure Briefings to help outgoing exchange students prepare for their SEP stints
Welcome Back Session
At the start of each semester, the SEP team in Global Relations Office (GRO) organises a Welcome Back Session for all returning exchange students. During the session, the team conducts a Re-entry briefing which covers issues such as Reverse Culture Shock
and things to do after exchange programme. In addition, students will also get the opportunity to network and share their SEP experiences with other returning students. Invitation to the Welcome Back Session is sent via email to returning exchange
students, please register to attend.
Outstanding NUS Exchanger Award
Be rewarded for your contributions to the exchange community! Whether it is sharing your exchange experience at GRO organised talks, or participating in the Peer Advising
Programme, you can earn points for your participation. Stay active in the exchange community and accumulate sufficient points to be awarded the Outstanding NUS Exchanger
Peer Advising Programme
Returning exchange students are encouraged to join the Peer
Advising Programme which provides various opportunities for incoming, outgoing and returning exchange students to interact. By signing up as a Peer Advisor and participating in the different activities which are planned for exchangers, you will be
reciprocating the goodwill and hospitality you experienced while on exchange at your host university.
We hope that you will make use of all these resources upon your return and we look forward to seeing you at many of our events and activities throughout the academic year!