Aptitude Based Admissions
The University sets aside places for consideration of candidates who demonstrate a strong interest or aptitude for the courses they have applied for. The University will consider factors besides academic grades and admit applicants on other bases, including demonstrated ability and interest, work experience, leadership, community service and exceptional talent, subject to a minimum level of academic competence.
The following are some samples of exceptional achievements that may be taken into consideration:
- Medal winner at the International Olympiads (Biology, Chemistry, Informatics, Mathematics and Physics)
- Represented Singapore in Arts and/or Sports
- Active participation in community service and volunteer programmes
- Work experience relevant to the course applied for (supporting document/s is/are required)
- Key leadership positions in community organisations, sports and athletic clubs, etc (outside school)
Applicants who wish to be considered under this scheme must provide details under the 'Achievements' section of the online application form. If you have indicated information in this section, you are strongly encouraged to provide an elaboration of these activities at the ‘Essay’ portion of this section too. In addition, you may wish to discuss a special talent, a personal experience or an activity that you have been involved in that is of relevance to the course you are applying for at the university.
Applicants who wish to be considered under the Aptitude Based Admission scheme for Medicine should apply under the Aptitude-Based Admissions Scheme (ABAS) from January 2022 to March 2022.