Application for Academic Year 2024-2025 will commence from 15 November 2023 and close on 31 December 2023.
Applicants (regardless of nationality) seeking admission to NUS should present the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science Diploma. This includes full-time National Servicemen (NSF) with NUSHS Diploma who have a programme reserved in NUS, but wish to apply for a change of programme.
Applicants will be considered for admission based on the strength of their academic achievements and additional interviews/tests if required.
For programmes that require additional interviews/tests, applicants will also be assessed based on their performance during interviews and/or tests.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement
You should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- Minimum of D7 grade for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level
- Minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTLL paper taken at the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level examination;
- Pass in MTL ‘B’ or a S grade for H1 MTL/ MTL-in-lieu or H2 MTL Language and Literature or H1 General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level;
- Pass in MTL-in-lieu subject approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore;
- Exemption from MTL approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
Submission of the official MTL examination results slip/ transcript/ exemption approval is required for the University to review your fulfilment of the MTL requirement.
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the MTL requirement for admission but satisfy all other admission requirements may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. Successful applicants will be admitted on a provisional basis and are required to fulfil the MTL requirement during their undergraduate programme in order to graduate from NUS.
- Attain the minimum requirement as listed above by fulfilling the MTL paper at IBDP or Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examinations; or Higher MTL subject at Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examinations. Information on the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level MTL paper or Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Higher MTL paper for private candidates are available at the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) website: http://www.seab.gov.sg/