The CISC funding is valued at S$1000 per student. The award is meant to help students offset part of the cost
incurred for the overseas programme and may not be sufficient to cover the entire cost. Student must consider
the location and cost before choosing any overseas programme.
In addition to the CISC funding, financially- challenged full-time Singaporean undergraduates may apply for other financial aids offered by the Office of Financial Aids and GRO.
Full-time NUS undergraduates* who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the funding:
- Singaporean Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Acceptance (or at least in-principle acceptance) into the overseas programme prior to applying for this
funding; programme should have a minimum duration of 10 days
- Successful application of overseas programme in EduRec
- Recipients of scholarships/awards that do not allow concurrent holding of awards are not eligible to apply /
receive CISC funding
* Yale-NUS College (YNC) students are not eligible for CISC funding and are advised to approach YNC for support.
Terms & Conditions
Students may apply for more than one CISC funding but can receive at most ONE (1) CISC funding award during their
undergraduate study in NUS.
- Awardees who are unable to go on the overseas programme, must write to Global Relations Office (GRO) at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide reasons of their withdrawal from the
programmes. GRO reserves the right to withdraw the award in such cases and may impose an administrative fee.
- The award does not carry a bond. However, all awardees are expected to complete the programme and be NUS ambassadors.
Please submit your application via EduRec by the following deadlines:
Summer Programmes: 10 June
Winter Programmes: 20 November
Please submit your application via EduRec (under "Global Education - Financial Aid") after you have accepted the offer of the short-term programme.
You must declare if you are receiving financial aid from other funding sources for the same overseas programme.
For scholarship holders, you are required to check/appeal for concurrent holding of awards with your scholarship
Applicants will be notified of their application via their NUS email addresses by:
Summer Programmes: mid-July
Winter Programmes: mid-December
Disbursement of the award will be by:
Summer Programmes: 30 August
Winter Programmes: 30 January