Remote Consultation (New!)
This semester, the WCH is launching a new mode of online remote consultation. You are invited to book an appointment to “meet” a WCH Tutor online to have a writing consultation session. The online remote consultation session will be carried out via Google Hangouts and Google Docs, in which you will be tutored in real time.
The online remote consultation is open for booking from 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays. Each online remote consultation session is 1 hour long.
At least 1 week before the online remote consultation appointment
1. Please send an email via your NUS email account only to WCHfirstname.lastname@example.org
2. In your email, please indicate:
a. 3 one-hour timeslots, from 9am to 5pm, Mondays to Fridays, during which you are available for an online remote consultation appointment
b. Your Google ID
c. The module code and name of the assignment which you would like to have a writing consultation session on
3. You can expect to receive an email with an online remote consultation appointment within 3 working days, if all the above requirements have been fulfilled.
4. After the confirmation of the online remote consultation appointment, but before the day of the online remote consultation appointment, you will share your assignment on Google Docs to celcWCH@gmail.com (or any other alternate Google ID - TBC). Guide
5. Please conform to the following assignment naming convention for the assignment that
you share on Google Docs: Student Google ID_Student Name.
At your assigned online remote consultation appointment
1. Log in to Google Hangouts and Google Docs. Guide
2. You will call the WCH Tutor.
3. Arrange the windows so that you and the WCH Tutor can see and/or hear each other as well as see the assignment on Google Docs.
4. You will have 1 hour of consultation time.
5. When the consultation ends, you will end the call.
6. You will be sent a link to a feedback form to complete an online feedback form. We appreciate your feedback as it will help us to improve our services to you.