NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia)
In view of the COVID-19 situation, we are currently not accepting applications. Please review this website regularly for the latest updates.
The NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) aims to attract bright young faculty members (or would-be faculty members) and researchers from ASEAN universities and research institutes to NUS for a 6 to 12-month fellowship.
Up to 25 Fellowships will be offered each year.
In view of the COVID-19 situation, we are currently not accepting applications.
- Citizenship / Residency: Applicants must either be citizens of an ASEAN country or must be residing in an ASEAN country at the time of application.
- Degree: Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputable institute. However, exceptional candidates with a master’s degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Relevant Experience: Applicants should possess NO more than 10 years of post-PhD research experience. Postdoctoral experience can be included under research experience.
- Language: Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Documents Required for Application include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae including list of selected publications (maximum of 2 pages).
- Cover Letter highlighting your suitability for the fellowship based on review criteria (no longer than 1 page)
- Research Proposal (maximum of 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor / PI at NUS.
- Copy of host professor / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- Two recommendation letters from current and past supervisors stating your suitability for this fellowship.
- Letter of Support from the home institute / University (Director, HoD, Vice Dean, Dean) endorsing your candidature.
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts.
- Applicant’s training, aptitude and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program and ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed, innovative and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: Applicant must have the qualities to serve as a goodwill ambassador for NUS personified by virtues of innovation, resilience, excellence, respect and integrity.
- Review your eligibility before starting your application.
- Browse through the list of available professor / PI’s and their core research areas/interests as potential collaborators.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
FAQs for Applicants
FAQs for Host Professors and PIs
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION