Gain an immersive understanding of Vietnam or Indonesia and expand your horizons globally.
ASEAN is projected to become the 4th largest single market by 2030. Learn how you can tap into the immense potential of this market.
Pick from 1 of 2 Global Industry Insights modules to deep dive into either Vietnam or Indonesia, both exciting ASEAN economies.
The two 2-MC modules will run on 6 – 17 December, concurrently.
This year, learn from an exciting lineup of speakers from established companies.
For Vietnam (CFG2002V), meet speakers from UOB, Sanofi, Luvina Software, VinGroup & ELSA.
For Indonesia (CFG2002I), meet speakers from Sinar Mas, UOB and GoJek, Tokopedia and the new Nongsa Digital Park.
Emerging Business Models: Acquire first-hand experience in learning about the start-ups, established companies and multinational firms in an emerging economy.
Global Skills: Gain a cross-cultural understanding of the foreign workplace and the skills that are relevant in the professional business settings.
Global Trends: Learn about the latest trends across various industries that are complementary to different undergraduate majors.
Global Pathways: Increase your chances of getting an overseas work stint which may open up a wider repertoire of career pathways.
Business Acumen: Using the Business Model Canvas, learn how the business models of companies are key to its continued success in an increasingly competitive world.
Modular Credits: 2MC
Assessment and Grading Basis: 100% CA, CS/CU
Pre-requisites: NUS undergraduates who have completed CFG1002 Career Catalyst.
Schedule: 6 – 17 December 2021
Mode of Enrolment:
The module consists of:
Seminars / Webinars
- Students will learn emerging market fundamentals and the broad industry landscape in Singapore and Vietnam or Indonesia. These sessions will be taught by esteemed industry speakers with corporate experience in Vietnam or Indonesia. Topics include:
- Opportunities in emerging economies and the importance of overseas internships
- Singapore industry landscape and relationship with the emerging economy
- How homegrown start-ups and established companies in the emerging economy flourish differently
- Influence and evolution of multinational firms
- Students will gain first-hand experience of the different types of organisations and their distinctive characteristics. We will have virtual visits to:
- Singapore office of companies and government agencies with a presence in Vietnam or Indonesia — e.g. Enterprise Singapore and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Companies in Vietnam or Indonesia e.g. VinGroup and Tokopedia
- Students will be grouped together to work on a group assignment. Students will hone basic business skills by learning about the Business Model Canvas and applying them through analysing the business models of companies visited. Students can expect to develop a thorough understanding of at least 4 companies among our diverse line-up of companies. Students will consolidate their knowledge as a group and submit them by the start of Semester 2 in January 2022.