Application for Academic Year 2020-2021 will commence on 15 October 2019.
Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Residents:
- With International Qualifications, and
- Not currently or previously enrolled in any University / Tertiary Institution(s)
Application Process Flowchart
Please note the application closing dates for the various qualifications as follows:
||AY2020 Application Closing Dates
||AY2020 Documents Submission Deadline
||Estimated Application Outcome by:
Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
|1 January 2020, Wednesday
||4 January 2020, Saturday
||Information will be available from February 2020 onwards
|All qualifications except:
- Indian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC and Stateboards)
|28 February 2020, Friday
||2 March 2020, Monday
||Mid-May to end July
|Indian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC and Stateboards)
||31 March 2020, Tuesday
||3 April 2020, Friday
 Singapore Citizens / Singapore Permanent Residents presenting qualifications which meet the stipulations indicated below will be required to take the University Entrance Examinations (UEE).
- Year 12 Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN) Examination but have yet to receive their actual examination results when applying for admission.
- Year 12 Vietnamese High School Graduation Examination (VHSGE) but have yet to receive their actual examination results when applying for admission
- Year 12 Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) and are applying for Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy and / or Pharmaceutical Science.
The University will shortlist and invite students to take the UEE based on academic results submitted in their applications. For more information on UEE, please visit here.
 Applicants who receive their application outcome beyond the appeal window may submit an appeal email to https://www.askadmissions.nus.edu.sg/
Admission requirements and application deadlines
You should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application.
Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
Applicants are required to meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement as set by the Ministry of Education, Singapore. This Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement can be met by having one of the following:
a) Minimum of D7 grade for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level (the IGCSE MTL First Language examination does not fulfil the requirement);
b) Minimum of ‘S’ grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese taken at the Singapore Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examination;
c) Minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTLL paper taken at the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level examination;
d) Pass in MTL ‘B’ or a S grade for H1 MTL/ MTL-in-lieu or H2 MTL Language and Literature or H1 General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level;
e) Pass in MTL-in-lieu subject approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore;
f) Exemption from MTL approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
Those who have not fulfilled the MTL requirement may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. However, if accepted, they will be required to fulfil the MTL requirement during their course of study.
Applicants who have been away from Singapore’s school system for some years and have not kept up with the study of their MTL or a language that can be offered as MTL-in-lieu may apply for MTL exemption. The MTL exemption application will be facilitated by the universities as part of the university application, and the results made known to applicants who receive admission offers from the university. Please note that MOE does not accept direct applications for MTL exemption. The application for MTL exemption will also not prejudice the evaluation of the application for a place in the university.
Submission of the official MTL examination results slip/ transcript/ exemption approval is required for the University to review your fulfilment of the MTL requirement. Please refer to the Application Checklist for more information.
You may view the list of acceptable high school qualifications and applicant group types in the table below.
Applicant Group type to choose:
- If you have completed high school final examination, please select ‘I have completed the high school final examination’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
- If you are sitting for the high school final examination and results will be available after application closing date, please select ‘I will be completing the high school final examination after application closing date’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
- 'A' Level (AQA, Cambridge, Edexcel, London, OCR, Oxford International AQA)
- American High School Diploma
- Australian High School
- Brunei 'A' Level
- Canadian High School Diploma
- Danish Studentereksamen (Upper Secondary Leaving Examination)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- French Baccalaureate Diploma
- Gao Kao or PRC National College Entrance Examination
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)/ Hong Kong 'A' Level
- Indian Standard 12 (Central and ISC Boards)
- Indian Standard 12 (State and other Boards)
- Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
- Mauritius High School Certificate
- New Zealand National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3
- Oman Thanawiya Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- Swiss Matura/ Swiss Federal Maturity Certificate
- Taiwan Senior High School
- Thailand Certificate of Secondary Education (Mathayom 6)
- Turkish High School
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
- Other High School Qualifications
* Applicants presenting accredited Diplomas obtained from a Polytechnic in Singapore should apply under Polytechnic Diplomas from Singapore in February 2020.
* Students, including home study students, may submit the following scores to compete for undergraduate admissions:
- ACT with Writing and SAT Subject Tests, or
- SAT and SAT Subject Tests, or
- Advanced Placement score report
For more information, click here
* Students presenting the Foundation, Matriculation or Twinning qualifications with appropriate university exam results may also apply and compete for admission to NUS.
Application outcomes are released in batches. The final batch of application outcomes will released around mid-July 2020.