Applicants (regardless of nationality) seeking admission to NUS should present the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science Diploma.
This includes full-time National Servicemen (NSF) with NUSHS Diploma who have a course reserved in NUS, but wish to apply for a change of course.
Applicants will be considered for admission based on the strength of their academic achievements and additional interviews/tests if required.
For courses that require additional interviews/tests, applicants will also be assessed based on their performance during interviews and/or tests.
You should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- minimum of D7 for the higher MTL paper taken at the 'O' Level examination
- minimum of ‘S’ grade for the H1 MTL paper or General Studies in Chinese
- minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTL paper taken at the 'A' Level examination
- pass in MTL ‘B’ or a S grade for H1 MTL/ MTL-in-lieu or H2 MTL Language and Literature or H1 General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level
- pass in MTL-in-lieu subject approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
- exemption from MTL approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
Applicants who are unable to fulfill the MTL requirement for admission but satisfy all other admission requirements will be admitted on a provisional basis. During the course of study, these students will be required to attend the MTL course (Chinese/ Malay/ Tamil) conducted by the University; or attain the minimum requirement as listed above by retaking the MTL paper at the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examinations before they are allowed to graduate.
Submission of the official MTL examination results slip/ transcript/ exemption approval is required for the University to review your fulfilment of the MTL requirement. Please refer to the Application Checklist for more information.