Application for Academic Year 2021-2022 will commence on 1 November 2020.
Application Process Flowchart
Please note the application closing dates for the various qualifications as follows:
||AY2021 Application Closing Dates
||AY2021 Documents Submission Deadline
||Estimated Application Outcome by:
Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
|1 January 2021, Friday
||4 January 2021, Monday
||Information will be available from February 2021 onwards
|All qualifications except:
- Indian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC and Stateboards)
|28 February 2021, Sunday
||3 March 2021, Wednesday
||Mid-May to end July
|Indian Standard 12 (CBSE, ISC and Stateboards)
||31 March 2021, Wednesday
||3 April 2021, Saturday
 International applicants presenting qualifications which meet the stipulations indicated below will be required to take the University Entrance Examinations (UEE).
- Year 12 Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN) Examination but have yet to receive their actual examination results when applying for admission.
- Year 12 Vietnamese High School Graduation Examination (VHSGE) but have yet to receive their actual examination results when applying for admission
- Year 12 Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) and are applying for Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy and / or Pharmaceutical Science.
The University will shortlist and invite students to take the UEE based on academic results submitted in their applications. For more information on UEE, please visit here.
 Applicants who receive their application outcome beyond the appeal window may submit an appeal email to https://www.askadmissions.nus.edu.sg/
You should apply under International Qualifications, if you are neither a Singapore Citizen nor Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) and not presenting the qualifications listed below:
- Singapore-Cambridge GCE A level
- Diploma from a Polytechnic in Singapore
- International Baccalaureate
- NUS High School Diploma
Admission requirements and closing dates
If you are an international applicant seeking admission to NUS, you should have completed or are completing high school, that is, at least twelve years of general education by July of the year of application. You may view the list of acceptable high school qualifications and applicant group types below.
Please ensure that you select the correct qualification and applicant group type before submitting an online application.
Applicant Group type to choose:
- If you have completed high school final examination, please select ‘I have completed the high school final examination’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
- If you are sitting for the high school final examination and results will be available after application closing date, please select ‘I will be completing the high school final examination after application closing date’ in section 3 ‘High School Education’ of the application form.
Application closing dates apply according to your high school qualification. Unless otherwise specified, your complete application with all supporting documents must reach the Office of Admissions by the application closing date.
- 'A' Level (AQA, Cambridge, Edexcel, London, OCR, Oxford International AQA)
- American High School Diploma
- Australian High School
- Brunei 'A' Level
- Canadian High School Diploma
- Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE)
- Danish Studentereksamen (Upper Secondary Leaving Examination)
- European Baccalaureate Diploma
- French Baccalaureate Diploma
- Gao Kao or PRC National College Entrance Examination
- German Abitur
- Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)/ Hong Kong 'A' Level
- Indian Standard 12 (Central and ISC Boards)
- Indian Standard 12 (State and other Boards)
- Indonesian Ujian Nasional (UN)
- Italian Diploma di Esame di Stato
- Mauritius High School Certificate
- New Zealand National Certificate of Education Achievement (NCEA) Level 3
- Oman Thanawiya Amma (Secondary School Leaving Certificate)
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
- Sri Lanka 'A' Level
- Swiss Matura/ Swiss Federal Maturity Certificate
- Taiwan Senior High School
- Thailand Certificate of Secondary Education (Mathayom 6)
- Turkish High School
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
- Vietnam National High School Graduation Examination
- Other High School Qualifications
Students, including home study students, may submit the following scores to compete for undergraduate admissions:
i. ACT with Writing and SAT Subject Tests, or
ii. SAT and SAT Subject Tests, or
iii. Advanced Placement score report
For more information, click here.
Applicants presenting accredited Diplomas obtained from a Polytechnic in Singapore should apply under Polytechnic Diplomas from Singapore in February 2021.
Students presenting the Foundation, Matriculation or Twinning qualifications with appropriate university exam results may also apply and compete for admission to NUS.
Application outcomes are released in batches. The final batch of application outcomes will be released around mid-July 2021.