NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) - Currently Accepting Applications
The deadline for the 1st Batch of Applications is extended until July 15 (Monday)
Applications for the 2nd Batch will open in January, 2020
The NUS Fellows Programme (Southeast Asia) aims to attract bright young faculty members (or would-be faculty members) and researchers from ASEAN universities and research institutes to NUS for a 6 to 12-month fellowship.
Up to 25 Fellowships will be offered each year.
- NUS will provide shared accommodation.
- NUS will provide a monthly stipend of up to S$ 2,000.
- Access to professional development opportunities (events, seminars and training programmes) within NUS.
- Citizenship / Residency: Applicants must either be citizens of an ASEAN country or must be residing in an ASEAN country at the time of application.
- Degree: Applicants must have a PhD Degree from a reputed institute. However, exceptional candidates with a master’s degree may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Relevant Experience: Applicants should possess NO more than 10 years of post-PhD research experience. Postdoctoral experience can be included under research experience.
- Language: Applicant must be fluent in written and oral English.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION
Documents Required for Application include:
- Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae including list of selected publications (no longer than 2 pages).
- Cover Letter highlighting your suitability for the fellowship based on review criteria (no longer than 1 page)
- Research Proposal (no longer than 2 pages) developed in consultation with the host professor(s) / PI(s) at NUS.
- Copy of host professor / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- Two recommendation letters from current and past supervisors stating your suitability for this fellowship.
- Letter of Support from the home institute / University (Director, HoD, Vice Dean, Dean) endorsing your candidature.
- Copy of diplomas and transcripts.
- Applicant’s training, aptitude and experience: Academic qualifications, performance, relevant experience, aptitude to benefit from the fellowship program and ability to add value after his / her return home.
- Relevance and Quality of the Research Proposal: The proposal must be well-designed, innovative and the stipulated outputs must be achievable during the fellowship tenure.
- Personal Qualities: Applicant must have the qualities to serve as a goodwill ambassador for NUS personified by virtues of innovation, resilience, excellence, respect and integrity.
- Review your eligibility before starting your application.
- Browse through the list of available professor / PI’s and their research areas as potential collaborators.
If you would like to collaborate with another professor / PI who is NOT on this list, you may approach him / her directly to discuss this opportunity. If the professor / PI is supportive of your application, he / she may give you an in-principle approval over email.
- Reach out to the Professor / PI you intend to collaborate with via his/her official email and jointly develop a short research proposal (no longer than 2 pages)
- Get your host professor’s / PI’s in-principle approval over his/her official email id.
- After obtaining in-principle approval from your host professor / PI, complete the Application Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “NUS SEA Fellow Application – your name”. Please remember to attach all supporting documents.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’s)
FAQs for Applicants.
FAQs for Host Professors and PIs.
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION
- For any other queries, please contact Ankit Joshi, email@example.com.