Maximise your term breaks during your NUS candidature by joining an academic programme at any of the partner
universities recommended by the NUS Global Relations Office (GRO). You can earn credits towards your degree and
apply for the financial support administered by GRO as long as you apply through the NUS Education Records System (EduRec) for the summer
/winter programmes recommended by GRO.
How do Summer / Winter programmes (i-SP) work?
GRO carefully selects summer/winter programmes offered by reputable universities around the world. i-SP
recommended by GRO to students offer a diversity of quality courses in exciting destinations to match every
The i-SP programmes offered by partner universities may be on:
- Fee-paying basis; fees will have to be paid to the host university directly (majority of the
- Fee-waiver basis; programme fees for NUS students will be waived (limited selected
All outgoing students have to be responsible for their own living expenses which include airfare, accommodation,
food, transport, etc. while on overseas summer / winter programme.
Why go on i-SP?
i-SP is one of the many global programmes offered to NUS undergraduates. It is shorter in duration than the
flagship Student Exchange Programme (SEP) and offers students the opportunity to explore non-traditional
destinations in East Asia, Europe and Latin America. Such experiences cultivate a deeper appreciation of the
diverse culture and lifestyle of different countries while not affecting your usual academic term. The
experiences you acquire during your overseas studies will be equally valuable to your future employers.
Who should go on i-SP?
i-SP is suitable for students who wish to have an overseas experience but:
- Are not able to be flexible with academic plan due to double major/ double degree commitments
- Are on accelerated degree programme and has to take core modules within a fixed candidature
- Do not wish to commit too much time (e.g. a semester) and money overseas
- Want to have a taste of studying overseas but are not eligible for SEP