The objective of the Reimagine Research Initiative aims to provide seed funding for research in emerging areas post COVID-19, so as to reposition our researchers to capture opportunities in the post COVID-19 era.
Some examples are, but not limited to:
- Environment and sensing for better safety and health
- Outbreak preparedness and prediction
- Food security and supply chain resilience
- Human behaviours and societal impact, e.g. for policy making
- Systems dynamics
- Physical and IT security; data and its applications, e.g. data analytics with privacy protection
There are 2 types of awards:
Type 1: Single Faculty Projects
- Each Faculty can only submit up to their allocated quota of projects per annum, up to twice each year.
- Funding quantum: As a reference, up to the funding limit of a MOE Tier 1 grant, ie. $250K for STEM and $180K for non-STEM.
Type 2: Cross-Faculty Projects
- For joint projects involving PIs from more than one Faculty.
- No limit on the number of projects that each Faculty is allowed to submit.
- Funding quantum: As a reference, up to the funding limit of a MOE Tier 1 grant, directly proportional to the number of participating Faculties.
The initiative is open all year round, and coordinated by your Department/Faculty.
For more information, please contact your respective Department/Faculty administration