Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship
The prestigious Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship was established in 1991 under the Lee Kuan Yew Endowment Fund. It aims to promote the development of young and outstanding academics in science, medicine and engineering. The scheme is open to nationals of all countries.
Please click the links to view research areas in the following disciplines :
Please click here
for the past awardees.
- New or recently graduated PhDs
- Research interests that fit the research areas as in the disciplines above
- Strong research training with at most 1 post doctoral stint from a reputable University
- Strong motivation for an academic research career
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Fellowship will be tenable for up to 3 years. During the fellowship, the LKY PDFs would be eligible for staff benefits akin to that provided to other academic staff for research support, including those funded by research grants. LKY PDFs can apply for academic positions following the fellowship.
Research teams that succeed in having their candidates selected as LKY PDFs may apply for additional research funding of up to S$180,000 for consumables, equipment, conference travel and other operating expenditure needed for the research teams' project. This additional funding is independent of the Faculty budget.
More on the terms of the Fellowship can be found here
Successful LKY PDFs are not eligible to apply as Principal Investigator (PI) / Co-PI for MOE AcRF grants.
SCHEDULE OF ANNUAL CALL AND ACTIVITIES
The call is usually open in November of each year. The outcome would be made known in May 2021.
DATE OF CURRENT / NEXT CALL
30 November 2020
DEADLINE FOR CURRENT CALL
The submission deadline for the current call will be 22 February 2021. Interested parties should submit their application to the respective Faculty / School by the specified deadline
Candidates are to send one hardcopy and one softcopy of the following documents to the NUS Faculty/School you are applying to:
- Completed NUS Personal Particulars Form
- Candidate's detailed Curriculum Vitae & Educational Certificates
- Please provide the detailed list of publications in a separate Annex. The list should include:
- Impact Factor of the journals
- Highlight the papers in which applicant was the leading author
- Candidate's H-index (if available)
- 3 International / External Referee Reports
- Referee reports should include comments on scientific merit of candidate's research, suitability and potential for the Fellowship
- Referee's contact details should be included
- 2-page CV of each Referee should also be included
- Candidate's research proposal as LKY PDF (no word limit, but entries should be succinct)
Ms Jessie Chiu
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION
+65 65 6516 5032