Any changes in citizenship must be accompanied by documentary proof. We will not be able to update any changes without authentication.
What you need to do:
Please notify the University by bringing the original and one copy of the relevant supporting documents for verification by staff at the Student Service Centre (Level 1, Yusof Ishak House, Kent Ridge Campus) or Bukit Timah Campus Management Office (Block B, Bukit Timah Campus) during office hours. The copy of the supporting documents will then be forwarded to the Registrar's Office for the necessary updates to your official records.
Relevant supporting documents for:
Change in Citizenship
- Certificate of Citizenship; or
- Pink Singapore NRIC; or
- Pink Singapore NRIC Collection Slip
Obtaining Singapore Permanent Residence
- Blue Singapore NRIC; or
- Blue Singapore NRIC Collection Slip
What happens then:
After the verification and update is completed, the Office of Finance will be notified to effect the necessary financial impact with regard to fees and/or stipends. For students receiving the NUS Research Scholarship, any revised scholarship stipend due to a change in citizenship or permanent residency status will be effected the month after the student's notification.
The change in citizenship or permanent residency status will result in a tuition fee adjustment in a semester if you:
- (a) Notify the University of the change in status by the end of the 3rd instructional week of that semester, and
(b) Provide the necessary supporting documents that are dated on or before the end of the 2nd instructional week of that semester, at the same time, or
- (a) If you are unable to provide your Certificate of Citizenship/Singapore NRIC/Collection Slip by the end of the 3rd instructional week, notify the University and provide an In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter from ICA (for obtaining Singapore Citizenship or Permanent Residence) that is dated on or before the end of the 2nd instructional week of that semester, by the end of the Reading Week of that semester, and
(b) Provide the necessary supporting documents, at the same time.
Otherwise, the change in citizenship or permanent residency status will result in a tuition fee adjustment in the next semester.
Prior to the change in citizenship or permanent residency status, you are liable for fees before adjustment. Following your change in status, the Office of Finance will re-calculate the affected semester's fees and any excess tuition fees paid will be credited into your account.