banner image

Undergraduate Concession Card


If you are a full-time matriculated undergraduate, you are eligible to apply for an Undergraduate Concession Card to enjoy concessionary travel on buses, MRT and LRT.
All part-time undergraduates, postgraduates, non-graduating (exchange & non-exchange) students irrespective of the courses they are in, are ineligible for the concession card.

You can find more information here.

Application for Undergraduate Concession Card
Only full-time matriculated undergraduates are eligible for the Undergraduate Concession Card.

Current students without a concession card can apply for one either online or any TransitLink Concession Card Replacement Offices.

When applying for the concession card, prepare the following:
  • Passport-size photograph (taken within the last 3 months) against a white background;
  • Student Card; and
One of the following documents:
  • Original NRIC/Passport for Singapore Citizens; or
  • Original NRIC/Re-entry permit for Singapore Permanent Residents; or
  • Original Passport and Foreign Student Pass (FIN) for foreign students.

 Photograph must fulfil the following criteria:
  • Taken against a white background in colour passport-sized
  • Hair must be neatly combed or tied up
  • Image must show full face from chin to crown of the head

For Undergraduate Concession Cards applied online, your concession card will be mailed to the mailing address provided by you in the application.
For Undergraduate Concession Cards applied at any TransitLink Concession Card Replacement Offices, you will be issued your card on the spot.

To start using your Undergraduate Concession Card, head down to any TransitLink Ticket Office to activate the card by making a minimum top-up of $10. Bring your original NRIC/Passport for verification purposes.

You may refer here for more FAQs on concession cards.

Undergraduate Concession Card Collection at SSC
Freshmen and current students who applied for your concession card during the bulk application exercise between July to August, your concession card will be sent to the Student Service Centre for collection.
Collection of Concession Card is by appointment only. 
You must make an appointment via our appointment booking portal to collect your concession card.

Bring along your mobile phone, with uNivUS app installed. We will be scanning your digital student card upon collection.

If you are authorizing a proxy, select Yes in the appointment booking portal.
Your proxy should bring a copy of your Student Card and also their own NRIC /Passport for identification and verification. 

Collection Venue
All applied concession cards during the bulk exercise, will be sent to the Student Service Centre for collection.
    Yusof Ishak House, Level 1
    31 Lower Kent Ridge Road
    Singapore 119078

NOTE: Your concession card will be available for collection until the end of Semester 1, after which it will be disposed. You will need to apply for the concession card again.

Concession Schemes
Full-time matriculated undergraduates can enjoy travel concession through the use of Monthly Concession Passes (MCPs). The MCPs can be purchased at any TransitLink Ticket Office and AVM.

3 schemes:
Bus Concession Pass (BCP)
Unlimited travel on basic bus services for $55.50 monthly.

Train Concession Pass (TCP)
Unlimited travel on train rides for $48 monthly.

Hybrid Concession Pass (HCP)
Unlimited travel on both train rides and basic bus services for $90.50 monthly.

The Undergraduate Concession Card can also be topped-up with a minimum travel value of $10 for use on buses and trains should you decide not to purchase a monthly concession pass. Normal adult fares will be deducted.

More information can be found at the TransitLink website.

Lost or damaged Concession Card
Please refer to Transitlink's website on the replacement of your lost or damaged concession card. 

Extension of Concession Card eligibility
The expiry date of your concessionary eligibility period can be determined at any TransitLink Ticket Office, Add Value Machine (AVM) or General Ticketing Machine (GTM).

In circumstances of extending your course of study, you may apply for an extension of concessionary eligibility period for your Undergraduate Concession Card.

Please send an extension request via, at least 10 working days before the expiry date of your existing concessionary eligibility period with the following details:
  • Name as stated on your Undergraduate Concession Card
  • NRIC Number/FIN Number/Passport Number as reflected on your Concession Card
  • Expiry Date of current concessionary eligibility period (DD/MM/YY)
  • Expected date (DD/MM/YY) or period for completion of your course
  • Reason for extension of course

The processing time for the extension will take about 7 to 10 working days. You will be informed via email on the date to activate the extension for your concessionary eligibility period.

Expiry and Refund of the Concession card
Your card concession eligibility will expire once you completed your course of study in NUS. However, the card can be used for a further 4-month period, with adult fare payment. Concession passes cannot be purchased.

You can return the concession card to any TransitLink Ticket Office so as to obtain a refund of any remaining travel value in the card. The card will be retained by the Ticket Office. You may request for an immediate refund at any Ticket Office during the 4 months grace period. After the 4 months period, your card will expire and cannot be used or refunded immediately. You will then be issued a receipt to collect the refund 5 working days later at any Ticket Office.

Cardholders are required to produce their NRIC/Passport for the refund. Refund of the card by a proxy is allowed if the proxy presents their own original NRIC/Passport in addition to the above-mentioned items.

okOSA-Identity-highres okOSA