Full-time NUS Undergraduate students may apply for a place in the Halls of Residence, Houses, Student Residences or Colleges (applicable only to students who are admitted to the UTCP, USP or RVRC).
Students are required to subscribe to the meal plan (Halls and Residential Colleges) as the dining experience aims to foster community amongst students and faculty/staff by bonding over meals.
Some rooms have been designed specifically for students with special needs. If you have special needs due to a serious medical condition, you should indicate them clearly in your application form so that we can allocate the most appropriate room available.
The hostel rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi and fitted with LAN point for connection to campus network.
Four Hostel Types
There are four different types of residential options for full-time NUS undergraduate students to choose from. Explore and find your ideal housing.
Safe spaces for co-creation, peer mentorship and a strong focus on well-being.
Expect lots of ground-up initiatives co-led by residents, peer mentorship, and a structured Proactive Pastoral Care (PPC) system – where every resident is assigned to a small yet robust support group. Collaborative student leadership roles are available as a Peer Mentor, Resident Assistant, or the Student Council. No meal plans.
3. Residential Colleges
Multi-disciplinary academic curriculum offered in a living-learning environment
Expect a diverse range of academic modules taught in intimate settings, dynamic and informal out-of-classroom learning, and student interest groups. Elected student leadership roles are available via the College Students’ Committee (CSC) and in interest groups. Meal plans included.
The following programmes are available:
Students are required to apply and be accepted into a programme before they can apply for a room in the residential college. For more information, please refer to this link.
Cinnamon (USP) College
College of Alice & Peter Tan
Residential College 4
Ridge View Residential College
4. Student Residences
No frills accommodation, programmes offered to enhance personal effectiveness.
Residents here have the option to participate in residential activities at a level that they are comfortable with. Programmes across themes of wellness, personal effectiveness, sports, cultural appreciation and community service are offered. Student leadership roles are available via the Resident Assistant and Cluster Leader role. No meal plans.
Prince George's Park Residence
- Meals are catered for the Halls and Residential Colleges and residents are required to subscribe to the meal plan. For further details, please refer to Hostel Rates.
- Due to keen demand for campus accommodation, undergraduate students not qualified under any residential admission scheme will not be prioritised for campus accommodation. Students are advised to source for off-campus accommodation.
- Cinnamon College is primarily for students who are admitted to the University Scholars Programme (USP).
- College of Alice & Peter Tan, Tembusu College and Residential College 4 are primarily for students who are admitted to the University Town College Programme (UTCP).
- Ridge View Residential College is primarily for students from the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Engineering, NUS Business School, School of Computing and School of Design and Environment who have been admitted to the Ridge View Residential College programme.
- UTown Residence is in close proximity to the Town Green Plaza which hosts lively activities throughout the year. Some noise is to be expected from these activities. Students who are sensitive to noise may want to take this into consideration when selecting hostel preferences.