Full-time NUS Graduate students may apply for a place in selected Student Residences. The Residences offer independent living in a communal setting with opportunities for cross cultural interaction.
Some rooms have been designed specifically for students with special needs. If you have special needs due to a serious medical condition, you should indicate them clearly in your application form so that we can allocate the most appropriate room available.
The hostel rooms are equipped with Wi-Fi and fitted with LAN point for connection to campus network.
Being a research intensive university, new Graduate students by Research are prioritised for campus accommodation. As demand far exceeds supply, not all applicants will be successful in their applications.
With the present high demand for campus housing, Graduate students by Coursework are unlikely to be offered campus accommodation in Kent Ridge Campus with the exception of College Green. It is advisable to budget for off-campus housing and source for one early. More information on off-campus housing can be found here.
Graduate Students Staying Alone
Graduate Married Students With Accompanying Spouse
Graduate Married Students With Accompanying Spouse & Children
- The PGPR (Married Apartment) and UTown Residence (Married Apartment) are for married graduate students whose spouses are accompanying them during the full duration of their NUS study. The unit is able to accommodate up to a max of 2 occupants (2 adults).
- Only PGPR (Married Apartment Type 1) is able to accommodate children (maximum 2). The children’s age should not exceed 12 years old during the period of stay. Students are responsible for the behaviour and safety of their children in the apartments.
- UTown Residence is in close proximity to the Town Green Plaza which hosts lively activities throughout the year. Some noise is to be expected from these activities. Students who are sensitive to noise may want to take this into consideration when selecting hostel preferences.
- Please note that Block 6 (Type A rooms) in PGPR would be used for Government Quarantine Facility (GQF). Students who are uncomfortable to stay in close proximity to GQF should not apply for Type A room.
- Blocks 26 to 30 (Type C rooms) and Block 13 (Married Apartments) in PGPR will be closed for renovation works from July 2021 to January 2022 (estimated). Blocks 1 to 4 (Type C rooms) in PGPR will be closed for renovation works from January to July 2022 (estimated). Noise and dust will be generated during the renovation works. Precautions will be taken to minimize inconvenience to residents living in the vicinity. Students who are sensitive to noise and dust may want to take this into consideration when selecting PGPR in their hostel application.
- For AY2021/2022 Semester 2, students offered stay from 9 January 2022 will be staying in Blk 14 (Married Apartments), while students offered stay from 16 January 2022 will be staying in Blk 13 (Married Apartments). Early check-in to Married Apartments are accorded to Blk 13 residents who are staying with their dependents, i.e. spouse/ child.
- College Green is located at Dunearn Road (near Bukit Timah Campus). The single rooms in College Green are part of the 4 bedrooms in the double storey semi-detached house.
- College Green charges utilities and internet usage separately. More information on College Green charges can be found here.