Join us a Peer Student Supporter
The Peer Student Supporters (PSS) Programme is an initiative by OSA Student Wellness. PSS will be equipped with the necessary basic helping skills to befriend and support their peers who are in need and guide them to the appropriate help and resources available. Before applying learn more about us here.
Role of a PSS
- To provide peer support on campus for students
- To organise outreach and wellness projects and events to promote self-care and community-care
- To guide peers to the appropriate help and resources available on campus
Note: PSSs are not counsellors
- Module: DMY1401PSP - Peer Supporting Peer
- Mental health literacy
- Understanding of mental health issues and disorders
- Basic peer helping skills and coping techniques
- Understanding of boundaries, confidentiality and ethical issues
- Application is open to both full time Undergraduate and Graduate students from NUS
- Only students who can commit to the training and meeting listed in the commitment section below may apply
- Attend a 2-day training
- Provide peer support at PitStop@YIH: 3 hours weekly (during Term Time)
- Attend Connect, Equip and Engage (CEE) session: 2-4 every fortnight
*Applications for the Peer Student Support DYOM programme for AY21/22 Semester 1 is now closed. Applications for the AY21/22 Semester 2 DYOM programme will open September 2021.
Email us at OSAcares@nus.edu.sg to find out more about eligibility and module requirements.
Follow us @nus.pss