Join us as a Peer Student Supporter
The Peer Student Supporters (PSS) Programme is an initiative by OSA Student Wellness. PSS will be equipped with the necessary basic helping skills to befriend and support their peers who are in need and guide them to the appropriate help and resources available.
Roles of a PSS
- To provide peer support on campus for students
- To organise outreach and wellness projects and events to promote self-care and community-care
- To guide peers to the appropriate help and resources available on campus
Note: PSSs are not counsellors
DMY1401PSP – Peer Supporting Peer
All PSS go through training in the 4MCs DYOM module. Students can look forward to learning the following in the module:
- Mental health literacy
- Mental health issues and disorders
- Basic peer helping skills and coping techniques
- Boundaries, confidentiality and ethical issues
- Suicide awareness and prevention
The learning modes include:
- Connect, Equip and Engage (CEE) sessions
- Self-directed e-learning through MOOCs
- Self-discovery through personal reflections
- Group work
- Individual research
- Application is open to both full time Undergraduate and Graduate students from NUS
- Passed interview selection
Application for the Peer Student Support DYOM programme for AY22/23 Semester 1 is now open.
The deadline for application is 31 March 2022, Thursday.
Email us at OSAcares@nus.edu.sg to find out more about eligibility and module requirements.
Follow us @nus.pss