Science & Technology (S&T) Undergraduate Scholarship
The Science & Technology Undergraduate Scholarship is a freshmen scholarship offered to support outstanding students from Asian countries (excluding Singapore).
Candidates will be considered and shortlisted for the scholarship through their applications for undergraduate admission to NUS. No separate application is required for the scholarship.
- Be citizens of an Asian country, excluding Singapore
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Present excellent co-curricular activities records
- Possess outstanding high school results
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme in Computing, Engineering or Science (excluding Pharmacy) at NUS
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy) and compulsory fees
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$200 one-time settling-in allowance upon enrolment
- Annual accommodation allowance equivalent to the lowest double room rate for on-campus accommodation
- One-way air passage from home country to Singapore at the beginning of the course of study, and return air passage from Singapore to home country at the end of the course
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is offered to read the following full-time undergraduate course at NUS.
- School of Computing: Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Security, Business Analytics
- Faculty of Engineering: Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science, Environmental Engineering, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering
- School of Computing and Faculty of Engineering: Computer Engineering
- College of Humanities and Sciences: Science majors only (excluding Pharmacy). This includes Chemistry, Data Science and Analytics, Data Science and Economics, Food Science and Technology, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Science, Physics, Quantitative Finance, and Statistics.
- The scholarship also covers students in local Double Degree Programmes, provided the scholar’s home course belong to the above mentioned courses.
- The scholarship is tenable for the normal course duration of the undergraduate course at NUS.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) are required to serve a six-year bond with a Singapore-registered company immediately upon graduation.
- Scholars may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct.
- Scholars are restricted to 1 semester of overseas programme(s) (including but not restricted to NUS Overseas Colleges and overseas Student Exchange Programme) for the entire course of their undergraduate studies.
- NUS does not guarantee and/or provide scholars with employment upon graduation.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- All applicants for undergraduate admission to NUS will be considered automatically for the scholarship through their applications for admission.
- Applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarship, based on the strength of their applications and/or their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for the selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail, and will be required to provide a submission furnishing their co-curricular activity and other achievements, and a personal statement, before the interview(s). Selection interviews will be conducted from March to June, and shortlisted candidates will be informed of the scholarship outcomes by mid-July.
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please submit your scholarship enquiries here.