The Wee Cho Yaw Future Leaders Award, which is funded by the United Overseas Bank Limited, is awarded to financially needy students who exhibit integrity, commitment, honour and unity, and possess an enterprising spirit. They must also demonstrate academic excellence, high intellectual capacity and strong leadership potential.
Interested students should apply for both the NUS Scholarships and NUS Financial Aid in the year that they are matriculating to be considered for the Award.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities records
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma, NUS High School Diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS. Only limited scholarships are available for Dentistry and Medicine.
- Be matriculating in the year of application
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’s overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year by the 2nd round of application windows, and fulfils NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation. This guarantee applies only to the halls of residence and student residences, and not to the residential colleges.
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions
- The Award is offered to read a full-time undergraduate course at NUS, which has been offered to the scholar at the time of the scholarship offer, and is tenable for the normal candidature period and no change in the course of study that the Award is tenable for may be made or additional course(s) taken up by the Scholar without prior written approval from the NUS scholarship administrator.
- Award recipients may not concurrently hold any other award, fellowship, bursary, grant, scholarship or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The Award will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the award recipient maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct.
- If the award recipient decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the award prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all award monies disbursed to the recipient.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- Scholarship and financial aid applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted. Click here to apply and view the application dates.
- Only applicants who submitted complete applications with all required documents for NUS Scholarships and NUS Financial Aid will be considered for the Award.
- Applicants are required to complete the following after completing the scholarship form:
- Submit one referee report (to be submitted online separately via the Referee Portal by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor), after completing the scholarship form.
- Click here to download the checklist and access the online facilities.
- Applicants are also required to submit an online financial aid application at the Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal and upload all relevant supporting documents via the Undergraduate Financial Aid Portal under ‘Submit Documents’ within two weeks of the online application.
- Award applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the Award, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the award selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted between June or July, and applicants will be informed of their award application outcomes by July. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for scholarships. Your award application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection(s) without valid reason(s).
- NUS reserves the right not to offer any award if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please submit your enquiries here.