The Stephen Riady Young Entrepreneur Scholarship is awarded to exceptional individuals who aspire to be entrepreneurs. Recipients of the scholarship must also demonstrate academic excellence, present excellent co-curricular activities records and exhibit outstanding leadership qualities.
Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for the NUS Scholarships and the Stephen Riady Young Entrepreneur Scholarship.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities records
- Possess outstanding Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS, excluding Dentistry, Medicine and Music
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,000 one-time computer allowance upon enrolment
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’s overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year by the 2nd round of application windows, and fulfils NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation. This guarantee applies only to the halls of residence and student residences, and not to the residential colleges.
- Guaranteed an offer of an NUS Overseas Colleges (“NOC”) internship programme, provided the Scholar submits a complete NOC application within the prescribed application period, and fulfils NUS’s minimum criteria to participate in an NOC programme
- Eligibility to apply for up to S$50,000 seed funding to start one business venture within six months of graduation, provided a business proposal is submitted to NUS and is assessed to be viable by NUS
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions
- The Scholarship is offered to read a full-time undergraduate programme at NUS, which has been offered to the scholar at the time of the scholarship offer, and is tenable for the normal candidature period and no change in the programme of study that the Scholarship is tenable for may be made or additional programme(s) taken up by the Scholar without prior written approval from the NUS scholarship administrator.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.5 (or equivalent) and good conduct.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- Scholarship applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted. Click here to apply and view the application dates.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing the scholarship form:
- Submit one referee report (to be submitted online separately via the Referee Portal by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor), after completing the scholarship form.
- Click here to download the checklist and access the online facilities.
- Applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted from late-March onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by late-May. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for scholarships. Your scholarship application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- NUS reserves the right not to offer any award if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please submit your scholarships enquiries here.