The NUS Sports Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding academic and sports participation and representation records. NUS Sports Scholars are uniquely well-rounded individuals who are committed to bring NUS Sports to greater heights.
Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for both tiers of the NUS Scholarships, the NUS Sports Scholarship and the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities record, particularly in sports
- Possess good Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS. Limited scholarships are available for Dentistry and Medicine.
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$4,375 annual accommodation allowance if scholar is staying on campus (with effect from AY2022/2023)
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’ overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year by the 2nd round of application windows, and fulfils NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation. This guarantee applies only to the halls of residence and student residences, and not to the residential colleges.
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions
- The NUS Sports Scholarship is offered to read a full-time undergraduate course at NUS, excluding Music, and is tenable for the normal candidature period. The scholarship may be transferred to all courses except Music.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.2 (or equivalent) and good conduct, and commits to sustained excellence in NUS by attending regular sports training and preparing for competition selections, as well as contribute to NUS sports, either by representing NUS or Singapore University in major competitions, or participating and organizing sports events in partnership with the NUS Office of Student Affairs.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- Scholarship applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted. Click here to apply and view the application dates.
- Applicants are required to submit the following after completing the scholarship form:
- Upload supporting documents such as CCA records, at the scholarship uploading facility.
- Submit one referee report (to be submitted online separately by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor.
- Click here to download the checklist and access the online facilities.
- NUS Sports Scholarships applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the NUS Sports Scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted from late-March onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by late-May. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for scholarships. Your scholarship application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Please submit your scholarships enquiries here.