Application for Academic Year 2023-2024 will commence from 16 November 2022 and close on 31 December 2022.
Applicants (regardless of nationality) seeking admission to NUS should present the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science Diploma. This includes full-time National Servicemen (NSF) with NUSHS Diploma who have a course reserved in NUS, but wish to apply for a change of course.
Applicants will be considered for admission based on the strength of their academic achievements and additional interviews/tests if required.
For courses that require additional interviews/tests, applicants will also be assessed based on their performance during interviews and/or tests.
Mother Tongue Language (MTL) Requirement
You should also meet the Mother Tongue Language (MTL) requirement for admission by having one of the following:
- Minimum of D7 grade for Higher MTL at Singapore-Cambridge GCE O-Level
- Minimum of 'S' grade for the H2 MTLL paper taken at the Singapore Cambridge GCE 'A' Level examination;
- Pass in MTL ‘B’ or a S grade for H1 MTL/ MTL-in-lieu or H2 MTL Language and Literature or H1 General Studies in Chinese at Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level;
- Pass in MTL-in-lieu subject approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore;
- Exemption from MTL approved by Ministry of Education, Singapore
The MTL exemption application will be facilitated by the universities as part of the university application, and the results will be made known to applicants who receive NUS admission offers. Please note that MOE does not accept direct applications for MTL exemption. The application for MTL exemption will also not prejudice the evaluation of the application for a place in the university.
Submission of the official MTL examination results slip/ transcript/ exemption approval is required for the University to review your fulfilment of the MTL requirement.
Applicants who are unable to fulfil the MTL requirement for admission but satisfy all other admission requirements may still apply for admission with no prejudice to their application. Successful applicants will be admitted on a provisional basis and are required to fulfil the MTL requirement during their course of study in order to graduate from NUS.
- Attain the minimum requirement as listed above by fulfilling the MTL paper at IBDP or Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examinations; or Higher MTL subject at Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level examinations. Information on the Singapore-Cambridge GCE A-Level MTL paper or Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘O’ Level Higher MTL paper for private candidates are available at the Singapore Examinations and Assessment Board (SEAB) website: http://www.seab.gov.sg/