**Important Update on COVID-19**
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to significantly impact the health and economies of communities around the world. This has also resulted in restrictions to travel and interaction between people in terms of physical proximity. It may be some time before the world can recover from COVID-19. After much deliberation and out of consideration for the health and safety of the NUS community, Temasek Foundation and NUS have made the difficult decision of suspending the TF-LEaRN Programme until further notice.
What is this programme about?
With the aim of grooming leadership skills, the TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS nurtures the next generation of Asian leaders by providing opportunities for cultural exchange, networking, community engagement and leadership development.
Students who are nominated by their home universities in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, India, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan are eligible to apply.
Students receive S$6,500 during their exchange at NUS.
When and where does it take place?
The programme takes place at NUS during the students’ exchange in Semester 1 (August - December 2021).
What is the content?
- Academic courses
Students will take 3 - 4 modules in NUS and must obtain an average Grade of B and above during their exchange in NUS.
- Community Involvement
Students are required to spend a minimum of 15 hours on at least one community involvement project in Singapore.
- Host Programme
Students will be hosted by NUS TF LEaRN scholars.
- TF LEaRN activities
All TF LEaRN activities are compulsory.
These include the Welcome Briefing, LEaRN Service Leadership event, Friendship Day and TF LEaRN Young Asian Leaders Forum. Students may be required to help organise some events, when called upon by the Global Relations Office (GRO). The events will be held in Singapore.
Please take note of the programme schedule:
LEaRN Service Leadership Event (2-day)
TF Friendship Day
TF LEaRN Young Asian Leaders Forum
- Photo-essay of learning experience
- Community log sheet
- Academic transcript from NUS
- Online survey
Promotion of the TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS
- Students are required to share their experience and learning with fellow students in their home countries and with fellow LEaRN scholars through seminars and other platforms.
- Students are required to help promote the programme when called upon by GRO.
What does it include?
The award quantum for AY21/22 is S$6,500
The award will be disbursed in two installments, upon satisfactory completion of the programme.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Are nominated by their home university
- Are successful in both their TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS and Non-Graduating Exchange Programme applications
- Are undergraduates who completed at least one year of study in their home universities
- Are studying in their country of citizenship
- Are in the top 10% of their cohort in academic performance
- Are fluent in English
- Are interested in community service and have served in leadership positions
- Fully commit to all aspects of the programme
How to apply?
|| TF LEaRN Programme @ NUS
||Students nominated by their home universities will be invited to submit their application.
|| Friday, 10 April 2021
|| NUS Non-Graduating Exchange Programme
|| Online application for semester admission and submission of supporting documents via here
|| 21 March to 15 April 2021
When will the outcome be known?
With reference to the above application schedule, students will be notified of the outcome via email:
- TF LEaRN Programme: by early-May 2021
Students will need to confirm acceptance of the award within 1 week after receiving the offer
- NUS Non-Graduating Exchange Programme: by mid-June 2021
For additional information or related queries regarding: