A total of six scholarships are available, worth up to S$10,000 each:
- Three scholarships for NUS undergraduates participating in selected summer programmes with a US partner university
- Three scholarships for undergraduates of selected US partner universities participating in selected summer programmes at NUS
Eligible undergraduates of NUS and selected US partner universities will receive an invitation to apply for this Scholarship Programme, and must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Applicants from NUS must be Singapore citizens
- Applicants from eligible US partner universities must be US citizens
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree-awarding course at their home universities
- Among others, applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Co-curricular records and community involvement
- Essay response
Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions applies:
- Each recipient will receive up to S$10,000
- The scholarship will provide funding support for tuition, accommodation, airfare and subsistence allowance
- The student will bear any cost in excess of S$10,000
- There is no bond imposed on the recipient by the Singapore Government
- The Singapore Government may, at its discretion, waive any of the conditions of the scholarship
Eligible students will be invited to apply for the scholarship within the window stipulated in the invitation.
Invited NUS students are to submit their application via EduRec (under "Global Education - Financial Aid"), along with the required supporting documents. You will need to accept the EduRec programme offer before you can apply for the Scholarship.
Invited US students are to submit their application by emailing the required supporting documents to Ms Jamie Tai at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required supporting documents:
- Duly completed application form.
Download Application Form
- A copy of your resume or CV.
- A copy of your Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) records from pre-university / junior college / high school / polytechnic / university.
- A copy of the acceptance letter from NUS (for US students) or US partner university (for NUS students). If a reply from the host university is pending, a copy of the internal offer letter from your home university stating that you have been selected for the programme at the host university will suffice.
Shortlisted candidates may need to sit for an interview by a panel of NUS Global staff members. The decision of the Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the selection of the scholarship recipients is final.
This Scholarship Programme will be jointly funded by the Government of Singapore and US companies and organisations, namely, Applied Materials, Becton Dickinson, Mastercard and Micron Foundation.
Applied Materials, Inc
Applied Materials, Inc is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into realities. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD’s 40,000 associates in 50 countries work with customers to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA) is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardAP and @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
In support of Micron Technology’s global semiconductor operations, the Micron Foundation is engaged in supporting educators, students, and our locations by creating and providing for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) education opportunities in our schools and communities.
For enquiries, please click here