Our Courses Focus On
Carbon Services Hub
CET programmes at CNCS go beyond climate and sustainability science – we also equip individuals with tools, evidence-backed knowledge, and actionable research from our interdisciplinary pool of researchers in nature-based solutions, the wider NUS ecosystem, and industry experts.
Explore Our Courses
Sustainability 101 Course for Policy Officers
CNCS launched its inaugural Sustainability 101 Course for Policy Officers in 2022 in collaboration with the National Climate Change Secretariat (NCCS), Prime Minister’s Office Strategy Group, and NUS School of Continuing and Lifelong Education (SCALE) Global. Sustainability 101 is symbolic of a “whole-of-nation” sustainability movement to create a robust green talent pipeline as enshrined in the Singapore Green Plan 2030.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between NUS and NCCS, for several runs of the course.
- Upskilling policy officers on crucial sustainability and circularity concepts to better inform their respective policy domains and decision-making processes
- Unique modalities such as lectures, moderated dialogues and discussions, and panels
- Preparation of case studies presented to senior government officials
Read the press release here.
View the poster here.
Email CNCS.CET@nus.edu.sg to register interest if you are a government officer.Read more
Climate Change and Sustainability: Leveraging Carbon Market Initiatives for Business
CNCS partnered with the NUS Business School and Climate Impact X to develop a programme to help participants understand how to leverage carbon markets for their businesses.
Participants will learn the basics of climate change, policies and different frameworks, including the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and other climate policy instruments; corporate decarbonization strategies such as net-zero fundamentals, the role of verified carbon credits (VCCs), and the importance of high-quality carbon credits in the path to net-zero. In the first run from 8-10 June 2022, 32 participants attended the course. For the second run from 5-7 December 2022, 47 participants had attended.
- Opportunity for attendees to connect the dots on operationalizing net-zero
- Deep dive into the role of carbon credits in a company’s decarbonization strategy
- Addressing the quality of verified carbon credits
For more information: Leveraging Carbon Market Initiatives for Business (Quote CNCS-REF-LCMIFB-20)
CET on Nature-based Solutions for Teachers
The course introduced Geography and Biology teachers to nature-based climate solutions, climate change impacts on ecosystems and biodiversity, international developments, climate change law, introductory spatial mapping tools and technology application as well as a panel on citizen science. A total of 21 MOE educators attended the course in 2022.
- A gallery tour of Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum card game
- A field trip to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve for marine debris sampling