ES5000 - Basic Level Writing
This course aims to help international graduates from non-English speaking countries improve their basic academic English writing skills. This module provides training to enable students to use effective writing strategies to construct well-organized short academic essays with clear essay outlines. In order to facilitate independent learning and critical thinking, this module gives students opportunities to critique and edit their own essays as well as their peers' essays.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- minimise grammar errors in their writing;
- use academic language correctly in their writing of various academic texts;
- write well-structured paragraphs using specific organizational devices and patterns; and
- write well-organised texts in response to academic texts
- Continuous Assessment 100%
Only students who have taken the Diagnostic English Test and received a ‘Band 1’ result are allowed to take this course.