Terms & Conditions
By downloading any image from the National University of Singapore (“NUS”) Imagebank website (the “NUS Imagebank”), users shall be deemed to have agreed to be bound by all the terms and conditions set out herein (the “NUS Imagebank Terms and Conditions”), which shall govern the use of NUS Imagebank.
If a user does not agree with any part of the NUS Imagebank Terms and Conditions, the user should discontinue access to and/or use of the NUS Imagebank immediately.
Terms and Conditions
- Images from the NUS Imagebank may only be used for the purposes of NUS’ marketing, publicity and media/social media and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours, including the sale and purchase of goods and services as a business. NUS’ decision on what constitutes commercial use shall be final.
Rights and Limitations
- A user shall not use any image downloaded from the NUS Imagebank (the “Downloaded Image”) for any purpose other than that which the user has stated as his/her intended use at the time of downloading (the “Intended Use”), which Intended Use must be approved by NUS’ Office of Corporate Relations (“OCR”) before downloading.
- Subject to Clause 2 above, unless the user has obtained prior written authorisation from NUS, the user must not:a.copy, translate, modify, or produce derivative works of the Downloaded Image or any part thereof other than to make minor adjustments to the colour density/contrast, minor cropping and resizing of the Downloaded Image;
- redistribute, sublicense, rent, lease, assign, transfer, sell, market, publish, display, or otherwise make the Downloaded Image available to third parties for any medium; or
- delete, obscure, or in any manner alter any warning or link that appears together with the Downloaded Image.
- NUS grants the user a non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the Downloaded Image for the approved Intended Use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, such Downloaded Image may not be used for advertising purposes without separate and express permission of NUS. The user may not store the Downloaded Image for other than the approved Intended Use.
- Users shall use the NUS Imagebank for lawful purposes only. The user shall not:a.use the NUS Imagebank and/or any Downloaded Image for purposes of impersonating any person or entity;
- use the NUS Imagebank to transmit any unsolicited bulk messages or ‘spam’, which include chain letters, junk email, advertisements and the like to other users;
- use the account, username, or password of another user at any time;
- disclose their passwords to any third party or permit any third party to access their accounts;
- use any Downloaded Image to harass, abuse, or harm another person or in any unlawful manner.
- Pursuant to Clause 3(a) above, the Downloaded Image shall not be used or modified in any manner or context which might be perceived as offensive, misleading or illegal (for example, pornographic or obscene). Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the Downloaded Image is not allowed. The Downloaded Image shall not be used in such a manner that may offend or be defamatory to the photographer and/or people depicted in the image;
- interfere with or disrupt a NUS website or servers or networks connected to the NUS Imagebank or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the NUS Imagebank;
- use the NUS Imagebank to undermine the security of, tamper with or access NUS’ IT resources, or attempt to do any of the same, for example by ‘cracking’ passwords or modifying or attempting to modify the files of other users or software components of NUS’ IT resources; or
- use the NUS Imagebank and/or any Downloaded Image in any manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
- OCR shall have the sole right and discretion to upload or remove any image in the NUS Imagebank.
- NUS shall not be responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or for any damage to the user’s computer equipment related to or resulting from access to or use of the NUS Imagebank.
- The NUS Imagebank and its content including the images are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. NUS makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
- To the extent permitted by law, NUS excludes all liability for any loss of profits, revenue or direct or indirect, consequential or incidental or special loss of any kind, whether arising from breach of contract, tort (including defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights) or otherwise arising out of the user’s use of the NUS Imagebank and/or the use of any Downloaded Image, whether or not NUS is notified of such damages or loss arising.