Pre-Admission Medical Exam
All admitted students (excluding non-graduating students and continuing & professional education students) are required to undergo a pre-admission medical examination prior to enrolment. The university reserves the right to refuse your admission should you decide to decline this process.
If you are a student entering the field of Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy or Dentistry, kindly note that there are additional screenings and immunisation requirements. Please refer to your respective Faculty or School for further information and datelines for such screenings.
You are also requested to bring your medical examination form (with Part I completed) on the day of your appointment. Please select the form based on the status of your university acceptance.
If you wish to be exempted from re-taking a chest x-ray because you had one previously done six months or less before the time of registration, please approach the staff at UHC or write-in to UHC for enquiry.
Please note that UHC shall review the exemption on a case-by-case basis and reserves the right to refuse an exemption.
Medical examinations may be conducted by the University Health Centre or by a private registered health physician. Please note the following processes when selecting either option.
University Health Centre
Making an Appointment
If you are an incoming student matriculating in January, please complete your medical examination by 8 January 2020.
If you have not completed the medical examination, please walk-in between 8.30am - 10.30am or 1.30pm - 3.30pm on Tuesdays,Wednesdays or Thursdays (no appointment is required).
Medical examinations for Dentistry students (undergraduate and graduate) are carried out by the Occupational Health Clinic located at the Basement, University Health Centre. If you are an incoming Dentistry student, please call +65 6601 1781 / +65 6516 7333 to schedule an appointment.
Returning National Servicemen
Pre-admission medical examination for local returning national servicemen are generally held in the month of April while appointments are available for registration in March.
If you have chosen to undergo your pre-admission medical examination with a private physician, do note that submitted forms should include the following:
- Part I of the Medical Examination Form would have to be completed by you, the student.
- Part II of the Medical Examination Form would have to be completed by a registered health physician.
- Only original chest X-ray reports are accepted and must be attached with the completed Medical Examination Form. X-ray films will not be considered and cannot be used as a substitute to the report.
- Any completed medical and X-ray reports must have a validity date of 6 months or less.
- Completed Medical Examination Form and Chest X-ray reports must be submitted to UHC latest by 8 January 2020.
- All reports must be submitted in the English language. No other languages will be accepted for consideration.
While most submitted reports generally fall within the accepted guidelines, you may be required by the university and UHC to undergo further medical examinations or tests if your earlier medical results are incomplete or unsatisfactory. For your convenience, we encourage incoming students to proceed with your medical examination at UHC.