YOUNG RESEARCHER AWARD
Assistant Professor OOI Thian Leong, Joseph
PhD (UMIST), MSc, BSc (Hons) (NUS)
Department of Real Estate
Understanding how real estate values are determined, created, maintained or destroyed, is the key to successful wealth management.
- Corporate & securitised real estate;
- Real estate asset pricing dynamics.
ranked third in international authorship by the survey An International Analysis of Real Estate Journals that covered leading real estate journals in US, UK, Asia and Australia from 1991 to 2000. The results were published in the Journal of Property Investment & Finance, 2002.
openness, perseverance and meticulousness.
- reviews editor, Journal of Property Investment and Finance, UK;
- associate editor, Journal of Real Estate Literature, US;
- member, editorial board, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Australia;
- co-editor, special issue on Property Market Analysis, Modeling & Forecasting, Journal of Financial Management for Property and Construction, UK;
- published extensively in premier and leading academic journals in the US and UK.
- successfully applied together with a team of leading international professors for an external real grant from the US Pension Real Estate Association to study how the typical pension plans in different countries treat real estate investments;
- received a financial grant for promising international researchers from the American Real Estate Society Foundation to present a paper at its annual meeting, 2002;
- is collaborating with Prof C. F. Sirmans, ranked the world's top real estate researcher, on a research project on the dynamics of urban land pricing.
Awards and Accolades
- NUS Excellent Teacher Award, 2004;
- Manuscript prize, American Real Estate Society Meeting, Florida, US, 2004;
- Grosvenor Prize for best paper, European Real Estate Society Conference, Helsinki, Finland, 2003;
- Outstanding Paper Award for paper s published in Journal of Property Investment & Finance, MCB University Press, 2001 and 2003;
- Highly Recommended Certification for a paper published in the Journal of Property Investment & Finance, MCB University Press, 2000;
- Credited with one of the five highest calibre papers presented at the European Real Estate Society Conference, Athens, Greece, 1999.
to contribute to the growing body of knowledge in Corporate & Securitised Real Estate and make them more accessible to the industry members.