Induction of Fellows
New Fellows are inducted each year to refresh the NUS Teaching Academy. The newly elected Fellows will be appointed for a period of 3 years (from 1 July to 30 June) each time. There will be no term limit for Fellows or for any office bearer, although it is good to allow the Academy the opportunities and room for refreshing itself.
Role of the Fellows
All Fellows should contribute towards promoting the Academy’s activities and initiatives, and good teaching practices in NUS. They should also serve as connectors for identifying and communicating teaching related issues between their department/faculty and the Academy. Barring conflicts in schedules, Fellows are expected to attend the monthly Academy meetings and contribute to the Academy by being actively involved in at least one of the following activities per year.
- Sub-committee projects (e.g. ad hoc committees like review of the student feedback system; or permanent committees like the Teaching & Learning Club, Publications, etc.)
- Research (in the area of education/pedagogy/teaching & learning)
- Ambassadorial role (including helping to host visiting scholars to NUS, supporting external and internal outreach, consultation work relating to teaching, supporting CDTL by facilitating workshops etc.)
- Others: such as contributing to Academy discussions and shaping the future direction of the Academy; contributing to discussions with regard to the future directions of NUS’ educational policy
The Call for Nominations is issued in December. More details can can be found by clicking on the following links:
- Nomination Forms in Word or PDF format
|Faculty Nominations||Self Nomination||Nomination from Current OEA Nominees|
|Nomination made by Deans of NUS Faculties/Schools||Self-nominations by faculty members||All current OEA nominees will be automatically considered by the Academy|
|All sections must be filled. Full documentation to teaching achievements.||All sections except 4 and 7 must be filled.||All sections except 4 and 7 must be filled. For sections 5 and 8, nominees can extract relevant information from their OEA dossiers.|
|Number of Nominations||Maximum of 2 per faculty/school.||NA||NA|
|Proposer||The Dean or Dean’s designate may serve as the proposer for Faculty nominees.||There is no need for your nomination to be supported by a proposer.||There is no need for your nomination to be supported by a proposer. No submission of your teaching portfolio is required.|