Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship
(Singapore NRF Fellowship)
The Singapore NRF Fellowship provides opportunities for early career researchers from all over the world to lead impactful research in Singapore.
The Singapore NRF Fellowship offers:
- A five-year research grant of up to SGD$3 million, inclusive of general overheads.
- Freedom to lead ground-breaking research in any discipline of science and technology in host institution of choice in Singapore. (The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore.)
This call will have two tracks:
- Track A: Applicants in all disciplines of science & technology (Computer Science, including Infocomm Technologies & Interactive Digital Media), Engineering, Life Sciences and Natural/Physical Sciences).
- Track B: Applicants with research experience in the field of Science of Learning (SOL). The NRF’s SOL seeks to develop a science-based understanding of the effectiveness of Singapore’s education methods, as well as develop new methods to realise better learning outcomes. Applicant’s proposals could be based on, but need not be limited to, research in the following priority areas:
- Developing neuroscience-informed interventions for translation – This refers to the development of interventions built on existing related neuroscience knowledge.
- Validation of cognitive theories or interventions with neuroscientific evidence – This refers to the corroboration of existing interventions/theories with the development of new neuroscience knowledge.
- Development of platform technologies as tools to support scaling of interventions with neuroscientific evidence – This focuses on methods to scale up application of established intervention methods.
For more details, please refer:
Please click here
for the past awardees.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply.
- PhD holders with research experience in any discipline of science and technology.
- Applicants who are already Assistant Professors or holding an equivalent position at a local research institutions for more than 1 year at the point of submission (defined by the grant call closing date) would not be eligible to apply.
SCHEDULE OF ANNUAL CALL AND ACTIVITIES
There is one call per year. The shortlisted candidates would be invited to Singapore for final interviews by NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP).
DATE OF CURRENT / NEXT CALL
15 January 2018
DEADLINE FOR CURRENT
Deadline to NRF is on 20 March 2018, 3pm, Singapore Time.
- Applications for the NRF Fellowship will be done online via the new Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) by 20 March 2018, 3.00pm (GMT+8). Late submission shall not be accepted.
- For local NRF Fellowship Applicants with a SingPass account, please register and login to the IGMS using SingPass login.
- For grant proposals which are $1million and above, ODPRT has in place an optional content editing service provided by in-house scientific editors (Dr Julian Tang, email: email@example.com and Dr Steven John Wolf, email: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that incorporating the changes suggested by the editors is at PI’s discretion, and is not a precondition prior to submission to grantor. PIs who wish to tap onto this service are advised to engage with our writers with your close-to-final drafts at least one week prior to the deadline. Proposals will be handled in the order of arrival.
- Applicants shortlisted to the final rounds will be invited to Singapore for an interview by the NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP), an international panel of eminent scientific leaders, in October 2018.
Queries can be directed to NRF_Fellowship@nrf.gov.sg
CONTACT PERSON FOR MORE INFORMATION