Research students who are receiving scholarships may also be eligible to apply for top-up schemes, where applicable.
- Top-Ups from Industries
- Monthly top-ups to students may be provided by industry partners/sponsors in specific areas of research. The top-up amount may range from $500 to $1000 per month.
- Supervisors should seek the approval of the Head of Department and the Vice Dean of the Faculty/school for such top-ups.
- Students will be informed of the approval via their respective Faculty/School administrators.
- Research Project (RP) Augmentation Scheme
- Principal investigators (PI) whose research projects are financed entirely by external funds or if the external portion comprises 50% or more of the total funding for the research project may top-up the research scholar’s stipend under the RP Augmentation Scheme.
- The award amount is $500 per month.
- The period of the award lasts till the completion of the project or until the student’s research scholarship expires, whichever is earlier.
- A copy of the PI’s application should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. The original application form should submitted to the Office of Finance for processing.
There are many other faculty-level scholarships that are offered to graduate research students. For more information on these faculty-level scholarships, please refer to the respective Graduate Divisions of each Faculty/School/Institute.