The PSEA Scheme is administered by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and is opened to all eligible Singaporeans.
The PSEA Scheme allows students to utilise their siblings’ PSEA funds up to a maximum of three siblings. Consent for withdrawal of siblings’ PSEA funds must be sought for siblings above 21 years old and parents’ authorisation of usage if siblings are below 21 years old.
What can the PSEA Funds be used for?
From AY2008/2009, funds from the PSEA can be used for tuition fees (inclusive of miscellaneous student fees) as well as enrichment programmes approved and endorsed by the University.
For more information or further enquiries on the PSEA Scheme, please refer to MOE’s website. For enquiries related to your PSEA fund balance, please find the MOE’s contact details at https://www.moe.gov.sg/contact.
(Applicable only for students who are using PSEA funds for payment of tuition fees AND miscellaneous student fees within the stipulated application timeline)
A Standing Order (SO) form must be submitted before a withdrawal for tuition fees can be made. The SO is a one-time application. Once a SO is received, funds for tuition fees (inclusive of miscellaneous student fees) will be automatically withdrawn for Semester 1 and Semester 2 (not applicable for Special Terms) until either the PSEA funds are used up or until the SO is terminated or replaced (via submission of a new SO).
|AY2019/2020 Semester 1
||5 to 8 August 2019
||By mid-September 2019
||Please submit completed forms to Registrar’s Office located at
University Hall, Level 4.
|AY2019/2020 Semester 2
||11 to 18 December 2019 (via Hard copy form)
||By early-February 2020
|11 December 2019 to 12 January 2020,1200hrs (via Online form)
- Students who are under scholarships which terms and conditions specifically state to cover both their tuition and miscellaneous student fees should not withdraw their PSEA to pay for their tuition and/or miscellaneous student fees. Students who have already submitted the SO form and wish to terminate their SO can download the termination form here and submit the completed form to MOE directly.
- For students who have already submitted their SO form and wish to use their PSEA funds for payment of Special Terms fees, should submit an additional Ad Hoc Withdrawal Form as the SO is not applicable for Special Term fees.
|| How to apply?
|For students withdrawing funds from their own PSEA
Click here or scan the QR code to submit the online PSEA Standing Order (SO) Form during the application period.
Click here for the User Guide on Applying Online for PSEA Standing Order.
|For students withdrawing funds from their siblings’ PSEA, with or without withdrawing funds from their own PSEA
||Download the SO form here and submit the completed form to Registrar’s Office by the during the application period.
Ad hoc withdrawals of PSEA funds are allowed for one-time withdrawal for payment of tuition and/or miscellaneous student fees (current semester), miscellaneous student fees and enrichment programmes that are approved and endorsed by the University. Re-application is required for payment of the above-mentioned fees or programmes for subsequent semesters. Students can download the application form for Ad Hoc Withdrawal Form here.
- Students who wish to withdraw their PSEA funds for payment of tuition and/or miscellaneous student fees
Students in the following categories should submit the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form:
- Students who wish to submit ‘Standing Order’ but missed the deadline for submission
- Students who wish to use their PSEA funds to pay the tuition fees only
- Students who wish to use their PSEA funds to pay the miscellaneous student fees only
- Students who wish to use their PSEA funds to pay the Special Term Fees
- Students whose tuition fees (excluding miscellaneous student fees) are fully covered by scholarships (specifically stated in the terms and conditions to cover tuition fees), bursaries, subsidies, grants or any other free aid and wish to use their PSEA to pay for their miscellaneous student fees
- Students in Health Science programmes whose health screening and vaccination are compulsory
Students who wish to utilise their PSEA funds for their tuition and/or miscellaneous fees during normal semester(s) may submit the Ad Hoc Withdrawal Form any time during the semester(s). However, students must submit the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form within the application periods stipulated below for funds to be used to offset outstanding fees before each tuition fee payment due date:
The application form must be submitted to Registrar’s Office.
|AY2019/2020 Semester 1
||5 to 16 August 2019
|AY2019/2020 Semester 2
||6 to 17 January 2020
Any credit balance arising from excess payment will be used to offset your next semester’s fees payable. If there is still an excess balance in your Student Account in the final semester of your studies, the amount will be automatically refunded to your credit bank account. If you wish to get a refund for the excess payment made before the final semester of your studies, please write in to email@example.com. To facilitate the refund, please update your "Credit Bank Account" via Education Records System (myEduRec). You may refer to the FAQs on GIRO Payment at the Student Finance Matters webpage.
- Students who wish to withdraw their PSEA funds for Special Terms
Students who wish to utilise their PSEA funds for their tuition fees during special term must submit the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form within the application period stipulated below:
|AY2019/2020 Special Term 1
||25 to 29 May 2020
|AY2019/2020 Special Term 2
||6 to 10 July 2020
One application form must be submitted for each specific withdrawal. For example, students who wish to withdraw the PSEA funds for modules taken in both Special Term I and Special Term II must submit two Ad Hoc Withdrawal forms at the stipulated application period mentioned above.
Download the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form here. Please indicate in the application form the usage category and exact amount to be withdrawn and which Special Term at the Course/Fee Description. The application form must be submitted to Registrar’s Office.
- Students who wish to withdraw their PSEA funds for enrichment*/preparatory programmes
Please note the following conditions before submitting the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form for enrichment*/preparatory programmes:
*Enrichment programmes need to satisfy conditions (i), (ii) and (iv) only.
- Programmes (except for Student Exchange Programmes and NOC Overseas College Programmes) must be endorsed by your home faculty Dean’s Office to be relevant to the course you are pursuing. Please click here to download the Endorsement Form for PSEA Application which has to be submitted together with the Ad Hoc Withdrawal form.
- The application form must be submitted together with supporting documents as evidence of the cost for participating in the programme.
- Student club activities that are student-led will not be eligible for PSEA claims. Activities should be organised by NUS.
- One application form must be submitted for each specific withdrawal. Please indicate in the application form the usage category and exact amount to be withdrawn. The application form with any supporting documents must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office within two months from the completion of the programme.
Students may use their PSEA balance for the repayment of their Tuition Fee Loan, NUS Study Loan, Overseas Student Programme Loan and CPF Loan after they have graduated. To apply and find out more about the scheme, please click here. Please note that the application form should be submitted to MOE directly