Verification of Official Name Change
Any changes in name must be accompanied by documentary proof. We will not update any changes without authentication.
Your name captured in the University’s record as your Official Name will be printed on the various official documents issued by the University, in particular your degree scroll and academic transcript.
You can verify your Official Name in myISIS. Please refer to the user guide on “View/Update Personal Information” in myISIS webpage for the steps.
Official Name Change
If you have officially/legally changed your name during your course of study, you should inform the University of the change at your first opportunity.
Please do the following:
- complete the Request Form for Official Name Change;
- bring completed form with the original and one copy of the relevant supporting documents for verification by staff at the Student Service Centre (Yusof Ishak House, Level 1, National University of Singapore, 31 Lower Kent Ridge Road) during operating hours;
- submit the form with one copy of the relevant supporting documents to the Registrar’s Office, either through the Student Service Centre or:
- by post: Registrar’s Office, National University of Singapore, 21 Lower Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119077; or
- by email: Please send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by fax: Fax No. (65) 67786371.
Relevant supporting documents are:
Students with long names:
- Your Identity Card; or
- Your Passport
Please note that names that exceed 70 characters (including spaces) will be abbreviated.