V. S. Rajan Gold Medal
Donated in 1984 by the Dermatological Society of Singapore in memory of the late Clinical Associate Professor V. S. Rajan, the medal is awarded from the proceeds of a capital sum $10,000 to the student who has distinguished himself or herself in dermatology in the Final Year of the M.B.,B.S. course.
- The assessment will be made by a committee comprising the Dean of Medicine, the Head of the Department of Medicine, the President of the Dermatological Society of Singapore and the part-time lecturer and clinical teacher in dermato-venereology.
- Subject to there being a candidate of sufficient merit, the medal will be awarded by the Board of Undergraduate Studies annually on the recommendation of the Medical Faculty Board.
Presented in 1970 by an anonymous donor, the Vellasamy Medal, named after Dr K. Vellasamy, Surgical Tutor to dental students, is a silver medal awarded from the proceeds of a capital sum of $1,000. In 2003, it was agreed that a cash prize may be awarded. The award is governed by the following conditions:
- The medal is awarded by the Board of Undergraduate Studies on the recommendation of the Board of Examiners to the best student with distinction in Surgery in the Third Professional Examination for the degree of B.D.S. provided he is considered by the Board of Undergraduates Studies to be of sufficient merit.
- In the event that no student is eligible for award of a medal, a cash prize may be awarded to the student who obtains the highest mark and an 'A' grade for the subject.
- If no award is made in any year, the funds available will be added to the principal sum.
- This gift shall be governed by the University Statutes and Regulations, specifically, Statute 7 on Gifts to the University and the corresponding Regulation.