Frequently Asked Questions
Living on campus away from home will be an excellent opportunity to be more independent.
- You will get the opportunity to make friends from diverse backgrounds and forge strong friendships.
- At PGP House, you will read 2 modules as part of the General Education curriculum.
- At PGP House, you will also get the chance to be part of student-led interest groups (e.g. sports, baking, board games).
- At PGP House, you will also receive guidance and support from a dedicated team of seniors known as Peer Mentors who will help you transit successfully into university life.
Based on current rates in AY17/18:
Semester 1 - $1980
Semester 2 - $1870
Total for full academic year (excluding vacation stay) - $3850
Vacation Stay - $110/week
- 2 food courts (Pines Food Court and Food Clique)
- Supper café (Reedz Cafe)
- Convenience Store (Nanyang Mart)
- Air-conditioned Study Rooms
- Student lounges
- BBQ Pits
- Open-air Amphitheatre
- Function Rooms
- Basketball courts
- Tennis Courts
- Street Soccer Court
- Multi-purpose Hall (e.g. Badminton)
- Air-conditioned Gymnasium
Washing machines and Clothes dryers
- Proximity to KR MRT (10 minutes walk)
- Located near Business School and Faculty Science/Medicine/Nursing/Dentistry.
- Next to PGPR Bus Terminal, with buses BTC1, A1, A2, D2 - full access to the whole of NUS.
Students who join PGP House will read 2 General Education (GE) modules. These modules will be taken in the PGP Function Rooms (4 & 5) together with your neighbours in PGP House. PGP House residents are given the freedom and opportunity to choose interest group(s) to join. Freshmen are also encouraged to join the Peer Mentoring Programme.
2 modules which give 4 modular credits (MC) each:
GER1000 Quantitative Reasoning
GEQ1000 Asking Questions
Modules will be taken in PGP House with your neighbours and floor mates.
These modules will be taken during your 1st year stay in PGP House.
- Peer Mentors
- Interest Group Leaders
- RAs - many opportunities for you to continue in PGP House and develop as leaders, hone your skills, nurture your interests and make a positive impact on others.
Peer Mentors are specially selected seniors who help first-year mentees transit effectively into university life. They provide academic guidance and organize social activities through regular meetup sessions. They also impart life skills to their mentees.
Peer Mentors also serve as community leaders to residents on staying on their floor. They organize social activities to create opportunities for neighbours to interact and know one another.
Interest Group leaders have passionate interest and/or expert skillsets in a hobby/activity (e.g. cooking, karaoke, soccer). They organize and facilitate activities to create opportunities for PGP House residents with the same interests to mingle and cultivate their interests / pick up a new skill.
Resident Assistants (RAs) work closely with the House Master, Resident Fellows and the Management Office to create a safe and conducive living environment for residents. They uphold community standards, respond to crisis situations, upkeep facilities, and provide pastoral care to residents.
RAs also provide administrative and logistical support to programmes in the House (Peer Mentoring Programme, Interest Groups, etc).
Other NUS students staying in PGP House are:
- Peer Mentors
- Interest Group Leaders
- Resident Assistants (RAs)
- Senior Residents
PGP House Theme - Live, Love, Learn
Vision - To be a home where all residents are accepted and empowered towards holistic learning.
Mission - To empower residents to see, seek and seize opportunities, discovering and developing themselves to be builders of harmonious and vibrant communities within and beyond Singapore.
Via the PGP House official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/PGPHouse/
Be sure to Like the page to stay updated on the latest events and for event photos!