is a debit card that allows payment at retail shops/taxis advertising the NETS sign. Find out more here.
is a stored value card, allowing cashless payment. Participating vendors will have CASHCARD signs on display. You may use the cashcard at the school libraries' printing rooms. Topping up of cash can be done at the library, convenience stores or car park kiosks.
is a convenient and cashless mode of payment provided by the bank. It is an arrangement that you can make with your Billing Organisation (such as NUS) to debit your designated bank account to pay your bills on a regular basis.
TRANSFER OF FUNDS
may be done using bank drafts made out in Singapore dollars and drawn from a Singapore bank. These can be credited to your accounts and drawn in one to two days. Cheques drawn on banks with no branches in Singapore may take about 3-8 weeks to clear.
You will be able to find local and international banks in Singapore. Please check with your home bank to see if you can use their services here. Otherwise, it would be wise to set up a local account. DBS, OCBC and UOB are the biggest local banks and all have Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) on campus.
- Refer here for the full list of banks in Singapore.
- Refer here for the full list of ATMs on campus.
For your convenience, the nearest DBS bank outlet is located on campus at Yusof Ishak House (YIH). Remember to bring sufficient cash or traveller's cheques to cover your expenses while deciding on the bank you wish to open an account with.
OPENING A BANK ACCOUNT
To open a savings account, please have the following ready:
- Student's Pass *Note: some banks may allow the use of In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter from the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority of Singapore instead of Student't Pass (e.g. DBS Bank at YIH)
- Proof of Residency (e.g. Letter from Hostel Management Office/Student Service Centre or Tenancy Agreement of at least 6 months validity for private rental)
- Local or Valid Overseas Phone Number
- Valid Email Address
- Minimum Deposit, if required
Download the NUS Mobile Suite App. Available on both iOS and Android. It connects you to student life essentials and makes your life much easier.