Student’s Pass Information
Important for all new International Students to NUS
All international students must hold a valid Student’s Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their studies at NUS.
New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month and not more than two months before the commencement of the course through ICA’s Student’s Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
Registration for a Student’s Pass
Before you submit your application, NUS will register you through SOLAR with the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, gender and nationality (as it appears in your travel documents)
- Course details, course commencement and course end dates
- SOLAR application reference number
Submission of eForm 16
Once NUS has successfully registered your information, you may log-in to SOLAR to submit eForm 16.
You must have the following information before logging into SOLAR:
- A registration acknowledgement notice with the log-in information provided by NUS
- Passport details (including travel document/passport number, date of expiry, etc)
- NRIC/FIN of parents if your parents are Singaporean or foreigners who are working or residing in Singapore
- A Singapore address and contact details
- Your email address
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top-right corner of e-Form 16) and must meet the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last three months
- Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
Upon submission of the eForm16 through SOLAR, students are required to print a copy of the eForm16 for submission to ICA to complete formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass (if the application is successful).