The NUS Sports Scholarship is awarded to highly-talented individuals who possess outstanding academic and sports participation and representation records. NUS Sports Scholars are uniquely well-rounded individuals who are committed to bring NUS Sports to greater heights.
Interested students should submit one common scholarship application to NUS to be considered for both tiers of the NUS Scholarships, the NUS Sports Scholarship and the NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship.
- Be Singapore Citizens
- Have strong leadership qualities and potential
- Have good co-curricular activities record, particularly in sports
- Possess good Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level, local polytechnic diploma, International Baccalaureate diploma, NUS High School diploma or equivalent qualifications
- Be applying for admission to a full-time undergraduate degree programme at NUS, excluding Yale-NUS College and students in the Law and Liberal Arts Double Degree Programme offered by Yale-NUS College and NUS. Limited scholarships are available for Dentistry and Medicine.
- Tuition fees (after MOE Tuition Grant subsidy)
- S$6,000 annual living allowance
- S$2,905 annual accommodation allowance if scholar is staying on campus
- Guaranteed an offer of a 1-semester Student Exchange Programme (SEP) with one of NUS’ overseas partner universities
- Guaranteed offers of on-campus accommodation for the first 2 years of undergraduate studies, provided the Scholar submits a complete hostel admission application every year within the prescribed application periods, and fulfils NUS’s eligibility criteria for NUS on-campus accommodation. This guarantee applies only to the halls of residence and student residences, and not to the residential colleges.
- Scholarship is bond-free
Terms & Conditions
- The scholarship is offered to read an undergraduate course at NUS, excluding Music and Yale-NUS College, and is tenable for the normal candidature period. The scholarship may be transferred to all courses except Music and Yale-NUS College.
- Recipients of the scholarship (scholars) may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary, grant, award or allowance without prior approval from the University.
- The scholarship will be monitored and renewed every semester provided the scholar maintains a Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of at least 3.2 (or equivalent) and good conduct, and commits to and represents NUS in the relevant sport by attending varsity team trainings and representing NUS in major competitions etc.
- Scholars will be required to take part in community involvement programmes or projects deemed appropriate and/or directed by the University.
- If the scholar decides to withdraw from the University and/or terminate the scholarship prematurely, the University reserves the right to impose repayment of all scholarship monies disbursed to the scholar.
Application & Shortlisting Process
- The common online scholarship application for the NUS Scholarships, NUS Sports Scholarship and NUS Performing & Visual Arts Scholarship commences from 1 February 2020. Scholarship applications can be submitted only after applications for admission to NUS have been submitted.
- Applicants are required to submit supporting documents (including academic results, CCA records and certificates of achievements) at our uploading facility, after completing the online scholarship application. One referee report is to be submitted online separately by your JC/Polytechnic/High School Principal or Tutor. An information sheet for referees can be downloaded here.
- NUS Sports Scholarships applicants will be assessed on their suitability for the scholarships, based on the strength of their applications and their performance in the NUS Sports Scholarship selection interview(s), if shortlisted.
- Applicants shortlisted for selection interview(s) will be informed via e-mail. Selection interviews will be conducted from late-March onwards, and applicants will be informed of their scholarship application outcomes by late-May. Please ensure that you are available to attend the interviews in order to be considered for scholarships. Your scholarship application will be withdrawn if you are unable to attend any scheduled selection interview(s) without valid reason(s).
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
Application & Enquiries
Please submit your scholarships enquiries here. Applications for scholarships in Academic Year 2020-2021 commences from 1 February 2020.