Financial Aid Eligibility

Undergraduate Students

Your financial need will be determined from the information provided by you via the Online Application System. When applying, you need to provide information such as total family income and number of family members dependent on that income. Mitigating circumstances such as critical/terminal illness, mental/physical disability in the family etc, will also be taken into account when we assess your financial need. To be eligible for consideration, applicant:

  • must be a full-time or part-time (Singapore Citizens pursuing Bachelor of Technology programme only) registered undergraduate student in NUS or has applied for admission to NUS;
  • has a PCI1 of no more than $2,700 for Singaporean/SPR and no more than $1,200 for International students. Singaporeans with PCI1/GHI2 of no more than $2,250/$9,000, respectively, can be considered for a bursary of at least $1,350 (full-time) or $700 (part-time).
  • must have made satisfactory progress towards completion of his/her academic programme, if applicant is a registered student.
Note: Students who are offered admission without the MOE Tuition Grant or rejected the MOE Tuition Grant will not be eligible for Financial Aid throughout their entire course candidature.

Undergraduate Students Reading Concurrent Degree Programmes

Students who are reading the Concurrent Degree Programmes, they will no longer be eligible for the Financial Aid Package for Undergraduate Students once they are charged graduate tuition fee. They can consider applying for Scholarships and Financial Aid for graduate students and more details can be found here.

1PCI will be computed based on total monthly gross household income divided by number of family members living in the same household. 2GHI refers to the total gross household income of family members living in the same household.

Graduate Students

NUS has an array of financial assistance and scholarships/awards available to help graduate students finance their studies in the University. Please visit the Registrar's Office website for more information.