||Monthly per capita household income (PCI)
||Gross monthly household income (GHI)
||General Undergraduate Courses including Medicine/ Dentistry Students on MENDAKI TTFS
||Medicine/ Dentistry except Recipients of MENDAKI TTFS
|Higher Education Community Bursary
||up to $18,900#
|$2,751 to $4,000
||up to $14,900#
# Depending on fee cohort
Full-time Singapore Citizens Undergraduates whose monthly per capita household income* (PCI) is not more than $1,000 or total monthly household income** (GHI) is not more than $4,000.
The following undergraduates who meet the above criteria are also eligible:
- Graduate LL.B students who are under the MOE Tuition Grant Scheme
- Full fee paying transfer or re-admitted students who are pursuing his/her first undergraduate degree and not already holding qualifications higher than a bachelor degree
Note: Undergraduates who are reading the Concurrent Degree Programmes are not eligible for the bursary once they are charged graduate tuition fee.
Recipient must not concurrently hold the Higher Education Community Bursary with the Higher Education Bursary. Recipient must not hold any other scholarships or bursaries or free aid without the prior approval from the University.
Recipient may concurrently hold the following:
- NUS Donated Bursary or
- Scholarships/bursaries/study awards which are specifically meant to cover the tuition fees only or
- Bursaries or grants meant to cover accommodation-related fees or
- Awards or bursaries related to overseas exchange programmes such as Student Exchange Programmes (SEP) and NUS Overseas Colleges (NOC) programmes
Award is tenable for one year. A fresh application is required each academic year.
To be considered for the Higher Education Community Bursary, please apply for Financial Aid here and submit the full set of supporting documents by end December for the current academic year.
Upon satisfactory compliance of all terms and conditions of the financial aid offer, the funds will be credited to the student's account by the Office of Finance from 17 August 2020. All fees due to the University will however be deducted from such funds prior to crediting.
Accepted Higher Education Community Bursary in the Financial Aid system:
Disbursement of the funds to the student account:
|By 31 July 2020
||From 17 August 2020
|By 28 August 2020
||From 14 September 2020
The Higher Education Community Bursary is co-funded by the Government, Community Development Council (CDC) and Citizens' Consultative Committee (CCC).
* Monthly household per capita income refers to the total gross monthly income of all those living in the household divided by the number of people in the household.
** Gross monthly household income refers to the total income of all those living in the household.