Instructions for Completing Application Form Type II
Admission exercise for Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level applicants for AY 2013-2014 will open on 6 March 2013 (Wednesday), ie. three working days (not inclusive of the day the results are released), after the release of 2012 Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A” Level results in March 2013. The application closing date is 1 April 2013 at 2359 hours.
Definition of "Singapore-Cambridge 'A' Levels" applicants
Applicants (regardless of nationality) presenting the Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'A' Level results.
Instructions for completing Online Application Form Type II
The instructions on this page apply to candidates who were not issued an Admission Personal Identification Number (PIN) in advance or those who choose not to use the Online Application Form Type I.
Please note that the results of private candidates are not available to the University. As such, you will not be able to login with your MOE pre-assigned PIN and NRIC/FIN number to apply via Type I form. You will need to apply via the Type II form if you wish to apply to us.
** If you are current / former (regardless of whether you have or have not graduated) student of the National University of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and/or any other tertiary institutions (except polytechnics in Singapore, you should not be using apply under this category of application. Please click here to find out the category of application that you belong to.
Please note that our application will be best used on Internet Explorer 6.0 or above. Kindly logout from the acknowledge page after you have submitted your application online, and then close all Internet Explorer applications after logging out.
You are on a secure site. Please note that for security reasons, you will be logged out if there is no activity on the site for 30 minutes.
If you wish to provide details in some of the sections, please prepare to pre-type your text using a text editor and then copy it over to the allocated spaces in the respective sections.
Step 1 :
Please note that only relevant Singapore-Cambridge GCE 'O' Level or its equivalent results, i.e. those which are required to meet course and/or subject prerequisites, will be displayed. For example, a minimum 'O' Level Additional Mathematics grade of C6 is required for Business Administration–related courses at NUS if you have not taken and/or passed the H1 or H2 Mathematics at the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’ Level examination.
Step 2 :
At the online application, you may/are required to complete the following:
- personal particulars (compulsory section)
- contact Information (compulsory section)
- ‘O’ Level or equivalent results, if applicable
- grades of your subjects (English, Additional Mathematics and/or Physics) scored at your Secondary 4 level ONLY if you are from the Integrated Programme (under the ‘O’ Level section) & that you have not fulfilled the requirements as stipulated under this section in the form
- ‘A’ Level or equivalent results (compulsory section)
- Additional information on the activities that you are currently/have been engaged in if your ‘A’ Level examination is taken in 2011 or earlier (at the “‘A’ Level or equivalent results” section), if applicable
- additional results, if applicable (eg. Project Work and/or SAT Reasoning Test / Subject Test Scores)
- additional information at the Discretionary Admissions section, if applicable
- preferred courses of study (both single degree courses and/or double/concurrent degree programmes) (compulsory section)
- additional details, if applicable (e.g. course reserved for Returning Full-time National Servicemen, full-time National Service status, consideration as a mature candidate, disabilities & special needs, next-of-kin information, and/or other information)
- mode of application fee payment (compulsory section)
- creating your own Admission PIN (compulsory section)
- financial aid application (compulsory section)
Step 3 :
Create an Admission PIN. In the application form, you will be asked to enter an Admission PIN (8 alpha-numeric characters & case sensitive). Please keep your Admission PIN confidential as it is required for the various online facilities (e.g. updating of contact information, checking status of application, etc) available to applicants.
Step 4 :
Verify your online application. Please check that the online form has been completed correctly before submission.
Step 5 :
Submit online application. You must submit your form online. It is a one-time submission. Downloaded application forms will not be accepted. An application number will be assigned to you if you had successfully submitted your application.
A copy of the submitted online application will also be made available on the acknowledgement page. At the same time, an acknowledgement email will also be sent to the email address you have indicated/updated on the online application.
You should save and/or print a copy of the acknowledgement page/email for your own reference. NO other confirmation letter will be given.
If you do not get any instant acknowledgement page/email after submitting your online application, your submission may be unsuccessful. You can then contact Office of Admissions, NUS and check with our staff if you have successfully submitted an online application to us.
Once you have successfully submitted an online application to us, your application status will be reflected as ‘Application Received’ when you log onto our Online Application Status Facility (OSAF) to check the status of your application.
Step 6 :
The acknowledgement page/email will list down the type of supporting documents you are required to submit, depending what you have indicated in your online application form. You would then have to complete the Application Checklist, and submit it together with a clearly photocopied set of the required supporting documents.
Please DO NOT send in documents that are not listed at the acknowledgement page. Submitting unnecessary documents will result only in slowing down the admission process.
You may click here and refer to sections on ‘Supporting Documents’ and ‘Submission of Mother Tongue (MT) Result Slips’ for more information.
Please then proceed to send ONLY the RELEVANT supporting documents (if applicable) and make the application fee payment. Supporting documents and payment must reach the Office of Admissions, NUS by the closing date of 1 April 2013. Otherwise your application will be deemed incomplete and withdrawn from consideration