Instructions for completing RNS Online Confirmation of Course Reserved in Academic Year (AY) 2016-2017 »
The instructions on this page are only applicable to:
Full-time National Servicemen (NSF) who have reserved places in NUS and are enrolling in AY2016-2017.
The online confirmation facility will open on 1 October 2015 and close on 22 October 2015 at 2359 hours.
Please complete your online confirmation by Thursday, 22 October 2015. Please read and/or print the following instructions before proceeding to confirm your enrolment status via our online facility.
Step 1 :
Please login with your Application number and issued Admission PIN(case sensitive, 8 alpha-numeric character). For your Application number, please refer to the enclosed information in the package sent to you in October 2015. The Admission PIN will be sent to you in a separate mailer and should reach you not later than 8 October 2015.
If you have not received / forgotten / misplaced your Admission PIN, you can retrieve your PIN via our Online Application Status Facility. Alternatively, you can bring along your NRIC or passport to seek a replacement of your PIN from the Office of Admissions, National University of Singapore, University Town, 2 College Avenue West, Stephen Riady Centre #01-03, Singapore 138607. You may also send a representative, with a letter of authorisation and your NRIC or passport to collect a new PIN on your behalf. The letter of authorisation should bear your signature, NRIC / FIN number or passport number and the representative's NRIC / FIN number or passport number.
We regret that we are unable to reveal PIN over the phone and/or via email.
Step 2 :
After logging in, your personal particulars and course reserved will be displayed on the screen. Please verify the information and ensure that they are correct.
If there are changes to your personal particulars, you can instantly update on the online form before submitting your confirmation. If the ORD reflected at the form is incorrect, you can also proceed to make the necessary updates.
Please note that you are required to submit supporting documentary evidence by 31 January 2016 for changes to the ORD.
Fields that are marked with an (*) denotes that it is a compulsory field.
Step 3 :
Indicate ONLY one of the four main options given in the online form, which are as follows:
1. I will enrol in the course reserved in August 2016, OR
2. I am not able to enrol in the University commencing in August 2016 due to National Service commitments, AND I would like to request for deferment of course to Academic Year 2017/2018# OR
3. As I am unable to enrol in the University commencing in August 2016 due to National Service commitments, I would like obtain a letter from NUS stating my reserved course so that I can apply for disruption to enrol in Academic Year 2016/2017#.
4. I wish to reject the course reserved (ie. you will not be enrolling in NUS)
# If you are not able to enrol in the university commencing in August 2016 due to National Service commitments, ie. your ORD is on or after the start of the school term for AY2016-2017 (ie. 1 August 2016), but you would still want to keep your reserved course, you will not be allowed to choose “Option 1” in Section Two of the online form. You should choose "Option 2" or "Option 3" in Section Two of the online form instead.
Step 4 :
Click on ‘Submit’ button. Verify your online confirmation. Please check that the online form has been completed correctly before submission.
Step 5 :
Submit the online confirmation. Downloaded confirmation forms will not be accepted.
After you have submitted the online confirmation form, you will receive an acknowledgement, which serves as confirmation for your online decision. At the same time, an acknowledgement email will also be sent to the email address that is indicated at the online confirmation form. If you have updated your email address at the online confirmation form, the acknowledgment email will be sent to the new email address.
NO other confirmation letter will be given. Please print a copy of the acknowledgement page for your reference.
If you do not receive any instant acknowledgement page/email after submitting your online confirmation form, your submission may be unsuccessful. You can contact the NUS Office of Admissions at email@example.com and check with our staff if you have successfully submitted an online confirmation to us.
Step 6 :
1. If you have chosen option (1), i.e., you wish to enrol in August 2016, the Office of Admissions will send you the enrolment package by May 2016, while the 'Registration Guide' will be available at the Registration website from June 2016.
Note: If you have confirmed your acceptance (as in option 1 above) and are also interested to read iBLOC and/or Special Term modules to fulfill you undergraduate degree requirements while waiting to start your studies in August 2016, as a Non-Graduating student, please visit the following websites to find out more on how you can make an early start to your educational journey at NUS:
Application Period: 23 September 2015 to 25 October 2015
Application Period: 1 February 2016 to 1 March 2016.
*For RNSmen who will ORD before 30 April 2016.
2. If you have chosen option (2), ie. you are unable to complete or disrupt from national service to enrol in the University commencing in August 2016 due to National Service commitments, AND would like to request for deferment of course to Academic Year 2017/2018, please submit a copy of the letter from your unit for verification (by post or fax) by 31 January 2016. The Office of Admissions will inform you of the outcome of your request for the deferment of studies via email (minimum 14 working days, excluding weekends and public holidays, from the day we received the letter from you/your unit).
3. If you have chosen option (3), ie. as you are unable to enrol in the University commencing in August 2016 due to National Service commitments, you would like obtain a letter from NUS stating your reserved course so that you can apply for disruption to enrol in Academic Year 2016/2017. The Office of Admissions will post the letter to you (minimum 14 working days) after the closing of the RNS online confirmation exercise.
4. If you have chosen option (4), ie. you wish to reject the course reserved for you, NO further confirmation letter will be given. Both the acknowledgement page and email will serve as the confirmation for your online decision.
- Updating of personal particulars and/or enrolment option after submission of online confirmation form:
For more information on enrolment matters, please refer to the package that was sent to you in October 2015.
If there are any changes to your personal particulars and/or enrolment option AFTER you have submitted the online confirmation, please log in with your Application Number and Admission PIN to make the necessary changes. For updates made to the enrolment option, we will consider the last submission as your choice of enrolment option. Each time an update is made to your personal particulars and/or enrolment option, an acknowledgement email will be sent to you. The closing date for updating of personal particulars and/or enrolment option is 22 October 2015.
NO revision on enrolment option will be entertained after the closing date.
For more information on Special Term, please refer to Registrar’s Office website.