Instructions for completing RNS Online Confirmation of Course Reserved in Academic Year (AY) 2014-2015 »
The instructions on this page are only applicable to:
Full-time National Servicemen (NSF) who have reserved places in NUS and are enrolling in AY2014-2015.
The online confirmation facility will open on 22 November 2013 and close on 12 December 2013 at 2359 hours.
Please complete your online confirmation by Thursday, 12 December 2013. Please read and/or print the following instructions before proceeding to confirm your enrolment status via our online facility.
Step 1 :
Please login with your Application number and issued Admission PIN (case sensitive, 8 alpha-numeric character). For your Application number, please refer to the enclosed information in the package sent to you in November 2013. The Admission PIN will be sent to you in a separate mailer and should reach you not later than 5 December 2013.
If you have not received / forgotten / misplaced your Admission PIN, you can retrieve your PIN via our Online Application Status Facility. Alternatively, you can bring along your NRIC or passport to seek a replacement of your PIN from the Office of Admissions, National University of Singapore, University Town, 2 College Avenue West, Stephen Riady Centre #01-03, Singapore 138607. You may also send a representative, with a letter of authorisation and your NRIC or passport to collect a new PIN on your behalf. The letter of authorisation should bear your signature, NRIC / FIN number or passport number and the representative's NRIC / FIN number or passport number.
We regret that we are unable to reveal PIN over the phone and/or via email.
Step 2 :
After logging in, your personal particulars and course reserved will be displayed on the screen. Please verify the information and ensure that they are correct.
If there are changes to your personal particulars, you can instantly update on the online form before submitting your confirmation. If the ORD reflected at the form is incorrect, you can also proceed to make the necessary updates. Please note that you are required to submit supporting documentary evidence by 31 January 2013 for changes to the ORD.
Fields that are marked with an (*) denotes that it is a compulsory field.
Step 3 :
Indicate ONLY one of the four main options given in the online form, which are as follows:
1. I will enrol in the course reserved and in the Special Term (ST)*, OR
2. I will enrol in the course reserved in August 2014#, OR
3 I am not able to enrol in the University commencing in August 2014 due to National Service commitments, AND I would like to request for deferment of course to Academic Year 2015/2016 OR
4. I am not able to enrol in the University commencing in August 2014 due to National Service commitments, BUT I would like obtain a certifying letter from NUS so that I can apply for disruption to enrol in Academic Year 2014/2015.
5. I wish to reject the course reserved (ie. you will not be enrolling in NUS)
If you have chosen option (1), you are further required to indicate if you are enrolling for Special Term (Part 1 – May to June 2014) and/or Special Term (Part 2 – June to August 2014) under this option on the online form.
* Please note that ST options should only be chosen by RNSmen who will ORD before 30 April 2014.
# If you are not able to enrol in the university commencing in August 2014 due to National Service commitments, ie. your ORD is on or after the start of the school term for AY2014-2015 (ie.4 August 2014), but you would still want to keep your reserved course, you will not be allowed to choose “Option 2” in Section Two of the online form. You should choose "Option 3" or "Option 4" in Section Two of the online form instead.
Step 4 :
Click on ‘Submit’ button. Verify your online confirmation. Please check that the online form has been completed correctly before submission.
Step 5 :
Submit the online confirmation. Downloaded confirmation forms will not be accepted.
After you have submitted the online confirmation form, you will receive an acknowledgement, which serves as confirmation for your online decision. At the same time, an acknowledgement email will also be sent to the email address that is indicated at the online confirmation form. If you have updated your email address at the online confirmation form, the acknowledgment email will be sent to the new email address. No other confirmation letter will be given. Please print a copy of the acknowledgement page for your reference.
If you do not receive any instant acknowledgement page/email after submitting your online confirmation form, your submission may be unsuccessful. You can contact the NUS Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org and check with our staff if you have successfully submitted an online confirmation to us.
Step 6 :
1. If you have chosen option (1), i.e., you wish to enrol in the ST, you are to refer to the 'Registration Guide" which will be available at the Registration website from first week of March 2014. The Registration Guide will include important information on pre-registration, online photo submission, Qualifying English Test, application for financial aid, payment of fees and other useful information. If you fail to register for modules for the ST and/or subsequently do not report to the registration centre for enrolment, your enrolment as a NUS student will take effect only from Semester 1 of AY2014-2015 (i.e. in August 2014). For more information on the modules offered during the ST, please visit Registrar’s Office website.
2. If you have chosen option (2), ie. you wish to enrol in August 2014, the Office of Admissions will send you the enrolment package by June 2014, while the "Registration Guide" will be available at the Registration website from July 2014.
3. If you have chosen option (3), ie. you are unable to complete or disrupt from national service to enrol in the University commencing in August 2014 due to National Service commitments, AND would like to request for deferment of course to Academic Year 2015/2016, please submit a copy of the letter from your unit for verification (by post or fax) by 31 January 2014. The Office of Admissions will inform you of the outcome of your request for the deferment of studies via email (minimum seven working days, excluding weekends and public holidays, from the day we received the letter from you/your unit).
4. If you have chosen option (4), ie. you are unable to complete or disrupt from national service to enrol in the University commencing in August 2014 due to National Service commitments, BUT would like obtain a certifying letter from NUS so that you can apply for disruption to enrol in Academic Year 2014/2015, we will post the certifying letter to you, minimum 14 working days after the closing of the RNS online confirmation exercise.
5. If you have chosen option (5), ie. you wish to reject the course reserved for you, no further confirmation letter will be given. Both the acknowledgement page and email will serve as the confirmation for your online decision.
- Updating of personal particulars and/or enrolment option after submission of online confirmation form:
If there are any changes to your personal particulars and/or enrolment option AFTER you have submitted the online confirmation, please log in with your Application Number and Admission PIN to make the necessary changes. For updates made to the enrolment option, we will consider the last submission as your choice of enrolment option. Each time an update is made to your personal particulars and/or enrolment option, an acknowledgement email will be sent to you. The closing date for updating of personal particulars and/or enrolment option is 12 December 2013. No revision on enrolment option will be entertained after the closing date.
- Enrolment status for students who have opted for Special Term enrolment but did not register for Special Term:
We will update that you will enrol in Semester 1 of AY2014-2015. We will leave remarks at the online status facility once we have made the updates by June 2014. Please refer to the online status facility to view the remarks.
For more information on enrolment matters, please refer to the package that was sent to you in November 2013.
For more information on Special Term, please refer to Registrar’s Office website.