The NUS-RENMIN Double Degree of MSc (Real Estate) and MBA Programme covers a comprehensive range of contemporary issues in real estate and business development in Singapore, China and beyond. It is a 2-year full-time programme. Students will spend 1 year at RBS completing 35 modular credits (MCs) of MBA, and another year at NUS completing 32 MCs of MSRE. Students are also required to complete a RBS dissertation during their two years of study.
The DDP admission criteria satisfy all the criteria of the existing NUS-MSRE and RENMIN-MBA programmes. Specifically, the candidates must:
- Possess a good honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- At least two years of relevant work experience upon completion of bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants whose medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English will need to submit the TOEFL or IELTS result as evidence of language proficiency. The proficiency will be determined by the TOEFL score of at least 85 (internet-based test), or an IELTS result of at least 6.0.
- Applicants who are China nationals must pass China’s national MBA admission examination. Applicants of other nationalities are recommended to submit the GMAT result.
HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
- China nationals must send their application packages to Renmin University School of Business as their results of the national MBA-admission examination need to be administered.
- Applicants of other nationalities can submit their application packages to either NUS Department of Real Estate or Renmin University School of Business. Admission is decided by a Joint Admission Panel comprising faculty members from both NUS Department of Real Estate and Renmin University School of Business.
|Study 1 year at RENMIN||Study 1 year at RENMIN||Study 1 year at NUS|
|Other Requirements||A RBS MBA Dissertation &
Report (1 MC)
Note: NUS students can use MRE MCs to double count 12 MBA MCs. RMBS students can use MBA MCs to double count 8 MRE MCs.
|Renmin University, China
School of Business (RBS)Master Degree in Business
|National University of Singapore (NUS)
Department of Real Estate
School of Design & EnvironmentMaster of Science Degree in
Real Estate (MSRE)
|Core Modules (compulsory modules)
(Total MCs requested: 27 MCs)
|Core Modules (compulsory modules)
(Total MCs requested: 20 MCs)
|General and Elective Modules
(Total MCs requested: 19 MCs)
(Total MCs requested: 12 MCs)
– An RMBS MBA Dissertation
GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS AND AWARD OF DEGREE
Under the DDP, the MSRE degree and MBA degree will be separately conferred by NUS and RUC subject to meeting the graduation requirements of the respective universities.
The graduation requirements of NUS MSRE are set as follows:
- Complete 20 essential MCs, as well as 20 elective MCs among which 8 elective MCs are satisfied by double counting MBA modules taken in RUC.
- Achieve a minimum Cumulative Average Point (CAP) of 3.00 which is equivalent to an average grade of B-.
- Not fail two or more modules in any semester.
Students under NUS graduate programme has to follow the guideline of “Graduate Programmes By Coursework” to fulfill the requirements for graduation. Please refer to the webpage information for the details. https://www.sde.nus.edu.sg/education/graduate-programmes/graduate-programmes-by-coursework/
The graduation requirements of RUC MBA are as follows:
- Complete 29 essential MCs, as well as 16 elective MCs among which 10 elective MCs are satisfied by double counting MSRE modules taken in NUS.
- Complete the MBA dissertation.
Students who meet all the above requirements can earn both the NUS MSRE and RUC MBA degrees. The duration of the DDP is 2 years. In the event that a student fails any core modules in RUC, the student can still earn the MBA by retaking and passing those modules within 3 years. Similarly, if a student fails a core module in NUS, the students can still earn the MSRE degree by retaking and passing the module within one additional year, provided that the graduation requirements of the corresponding degree are still met.
DDP students must satisfy the NUS Graduate Continuation Requirements set for coursework based master’s programmes, including the stand-alone MSRE. In addition, students must comply the Renmin continuation policy while in China.
This is a text block. Click the edit button to change this text.