The NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering (NGS) has built synergistic, complementary partnerships with a select number of world-leading overseas universities and research institutes in China, the USA, the UK, Continental Europe, Japan, and Australia. On NGS's 2+2 Programme all students have the opportunity to engage in globally progressive research both within Singapore and at any of NGS's partner institutions. The NGS co-operative research model benefits the participating institutions by facilitating existing research collaborations, and by enabling new ones that are initiated by talented students. The NGS 2+2 Programme awards no joint degrees, and actual time spent overseas is determined by what will most benefit the student's PhD research project, not by any rigidly fixed structure. The possibility of such flexible research arrangements between labs and institutions serves maximally to benefit all participants.
NGS Scholars may spend up to two years of their four-year PhD studies at:
(1) International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU)
(2) Global Enterprise for Micro-Mechanics and Molecular Medicine (GEM4)
(3) Karolinska Institute (KI), KI-NUS
(4) Interactive and Digital Media (IDM)
(5) Other excellent institutions as nominated by supervisors