The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$ 3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer's contribution rate set by CPF
- S$ 3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents and international students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that GATE is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Students are not eligible for the President's Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
NGS members in NUS and Duke-NUS in integrated research programmes.
Click here to apply online*. All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post to:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
* ONLY Online Applications are accepted. For instructions and application procedures, please click here.
For further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480. Her email address is
Closing Date for Application
|AY2016/17 Semester 1
- opens on 1 September 2015
- closes on 15 January 2016