The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
- Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
The terms for the NGS Scholarship are being reviewed. Revised terms of the Scholarship will be implemented from the January 2014 intake onwards.
Please refer to NUS or NGS website regularly for updates.
- Opens worldwide.
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for students applying from overseas. Only strongly recommended for graduates from local institutions, e.g. NUS or NTU.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Students are not eligible for the President's Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
NGS members in NUS and Duke-NUS in integrated research programmes.
Click here to apply online*. All supporting documents, together with a printed copy of the application form are to be submitted by post to:
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences & Engineering (NGS)
Centre For Life Sciences (CeLS)
28 Medical Drive, #05-01
* ONLY Online Applications are accepted. For instructions and application procedures, please click here.
For further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480. Her email address is
Closing Date for Application
opens on 1 April 2014
- closes on 15 May 2014